Helmut Weitze

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tank hunters: Besitzzeugnis Panzerkamfabzeichen in Bronze and Sonderabzeichen für das

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tank hunters: Besitzzeugnis Panzerkamfabzeichen in Bronze and Sonderabzeichen für das

Good evening everyone.
    I would like to show You some interesting award documentations for soldiers of 6.Kompanie/Panzer-Grenadier-Regiment 14 from 5.Panzer Division.
    Besitzzeugnis Panzerkamfabzeichen in Bronze is awarded on 20.9.1944 to gefreiten Gunther Stache, and I believe it is signed by Oberstleutnant and Regiments Kommandeur Hans-Georg Herzog. But I could be wrong!? At the time the unit was engaged in bloody battles in Lithuania and Kurland Peninsula and took part in operation "Unternehmen Doppelkopf".
    The other award citation is for two! soldiers of the same Panzer-Grenadier-Regiment 14: Sonderabzeichen für das Niederkämpfen von Panzerkampfwagen. It's the same man again, Gunther Stache,who on 13.1.1945 is listed as obergrefreiten and the other soldier is unterofizzier Bruno Artel, who recieved two!! Sonderabzeichen für das Niederkämpfen von Panzerkampfwagen at once. The feldpost nummer 39439 is correct, as it belonged to Stab II. Bataillon ( 5.-9.Kompanie ). The signature on this document is unknown to me. Maybe someone can help me out with it??
    These boys must have been good "tank hunters"!
    Hope You will like these documents, nothing rare, but still a very nice piece of history.
    Thanks and best regards,
    Peter

Hello.
    Hmm, no ideas on the signature?
    Regards,
    Peter

Comment

Identifying a simple Leutnant in early 45 is always very difficult. Even for Units with good documentation or divisional § regimental Histories, most are very detailed for the first war years and much more vaguer for 44-45.... Good Luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Lionel H. View Post
        Identifying a simple Leutnant in early 45 is always very difficult. Even for Units with good documentation or divisional § regimental Histories, most are very detailed for the first war years and much more vaguer for 44-45.... Good Luck.
        Thanks for Your reply. I can only agree with You, have been searching unsuccefully for some time..
        Thanks and good luck to You too.
        Regards,
        Peter

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X