Dienststempel - Official Seal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dienststempel - Official Seal

Not sure exaxtly where this topic belongs, but since it relates directly to documents, I'll post it here and if it needs to be moved, that's fine.

I have been sent pictures of what is supposed to be an official office seal (Dienststempel) for the office of SS-Obergruppenfuehrer Oswald Pohl who from 1942 chaired the SS-Wirtschaftsverwaltungshauptamt responsible for the economic exploitation of the Jews.

As I have no expertise in this area, but have been told that fakes abound, I am seeking opinions and comments from knowledgeable forum members, please. Any tips on how to tell a fake from the real thing would be most helpful.

As well, if anyone can tell me the approximate value of such an item - assuming it is a genuine, period item - that would also be helpful, since there may be an opportunity to purchase.

Thanks, in advance,

John
    Attached Files
    Last edited by jwburchell; 04-16-2005, 06:18 PM.

Full view:
    Attached Files

Comment

Another view:
      Attached Files

Comment

The seal end:
        Attached Files

Comment

The face of the seal:
          Attached Files

Comment

Eagle?

Comment

Thanks, Rick. I assume that you find the eagle to be questionable. It appears to be similar to the very early party eagles and, therefore, perhaps not consistent with the context of the office it represents? Anybody else have any comments or feedback, please?

Comment

John,

Sorry to say, but this is another fake from the east of Europe.
                From top to end....handle to stamper itself, postwar.
                These type of stampers are now for about 10 years on the market.
                Please check other postings about these stampers on the forum.
                I can clearly say what is wrong with it, but I don't want to help the fakers to make better stampers.

yours
                Eric-Jan Bakker

Comment

Thanks very much, "Eric JB". Before submitting my posting, I did a search for these on the forum (using "Dienststempel" and "seal") but could find nothing. In any case, this is what I need to know, so will not pursue a purchase of this item. Thanks, again.

John

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X