Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My first posting - color slides!

Hello My Friends
    During lunch today, I was looking through a local flea market that in the past, had a few military items and photos. As I was checking out an old slide projector, I came across a box of color slides from the TR period underneath it. After looking through the contents, I noticed that I recognized most as being famous images and were already well known. But they are high quality copies so I am happy - especially since I only paid $50. What made me even more happy were the copies of military scenes - some of which I have seen before and some not. I was told by another collector that a similar copy of the slide showing the German amphibious jeeps crossing the river recently sold on eBay for over $500! What luck!
    Next time, I will have some interesting b/w photos and film. This TR image collecting is getting to be really cool! I am getting hooked!
    lectronimo

Last edited by lectronimo; 02-14-2019, 06:52 PM.

I think you got them at a great price This seems to be the 'Shadows of the Past' set of slides;

https://www.iwm.org.uk/collections/i...ject/205003556

Set of colour slides entitled "Shadows of the Past" with accompanying printed caption leaflet by Frank R Eisner believed to have been produced as a souvenir for American tourists in Germany shortly after the Second World War. The slides are copies of colour photographs taken of events and leading personalities in Germany, Austria, Italy and Poland during September 1937 - October 1939. Featured events of note include: the Austrian Anschluss; the Munich Conference; the launch of the TIRPITZ and Hitler's visit to the German Navy at Hamburg; Hitler's visit to Italy; Nazi party events including the Nuremberg rallies; parades to celebrate Hitler's 50th bithday, the return of the Condor Legion from the Spanish Civil War and Hitler's visit to Warsaw after the fall of Poland; start of construction of the Salzburg autobahn and the Volkswagen car. Personalities featured include Hitler, Mussolini, Chamberlain, Daladier, Goering, Goebbels, Himmler, Ley, Hess, Raeder and Eva Braun. Also a set of black and white stereo prints with similar coverage produced by the Archiv fur Zeitgeschichte, Munich from colour originals by the photographer Hugo Jaeger.
    &

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthoped...let-1904888381

Comment

Very nice photos ! Tom

Comment

Thanks for sharing these with us, lectronimo, and WELCOME among us here on WAF. It's good to have you here!

Br. James

Comment

Thanks fellow members...

I really appreciate your feedback and insights!

lectronimo

Comment

Welcome to the forum !

Comment

I looked long and hard at that set on eBay of the schwimmwagen. Something just seemed off with the image. Regardless, it's interesting to see, as I have never seen color slides of a schwimmwagen.

Astarr

Comment

You have an unbelievable collection of color images i.spring!

lectronimo

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                X