• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

another unnown KC Holder from my collection

Hope somebody can help me identify this KC holder

peter
    Attached Files

It's the best photo possible, it has some water dammage to the back, but the signs in the back suggest the photo was taken in France.

Peter

Comment

Hello,

I think it might be Oberst ANDREAS VON AULOCK (RK mit EL und DKiG träger; Festungskommandant St. Malo/ Frankreich).

Best regards,

Jaime.

Comment

Hello

It is very likely that the photo was taken in France (or in the French speaking part of Belgium) since we can see an advertising for a Restaurant located on the wall of the building in the background.
        Jaime can be right : he is very close with Andreas von Aulock.
        As far as I can see, the RKT seemingly wears another neck order under his KC. Can anybody confirm this point ? If so, it might worth cehcking if von Aulock was awarded such an award.
        Regards
        Denis

Comment

Denis,

I think you are right about the second order. But it is difficult to make out from this photo what order it is.

Peter

Comment

Here is a pic of von Aulock...does not look like he is wearing another neck order..? Also not sure they are the same person on the photos, but they certainly look similar..??>..I do think there is another thread on this forum somewhere with a list of KC holders that also got other main orders during WW1, but I can't remember which thread that was...Cheers, Torsten.

Originally posted by weinsoldner
            Denis,

I think you are right about the second order. But it is difficult to make out from this photo what order it is.

Peter
            Attached Files

Comment

So we are back to square one. We know who he's not.

Peter

Comment

Hi
                Torsten, don't forget that this is not necessarily a WWI orden. It could also be a Foreign neck order (for example, a Romanian or a Croatian one).
                Regards
                Denis

Comment

Denis,

I think too you are right about the second orden around his neck.

Supposing that could be Oberst von Aulock, he was the commander of Inf-Rgt 226 (later Gr-Rgt 226) of 79. Infanterie-Division during the period 1941/1943. He fought in the campaign of the Balkans and in the in the southern sector of the Ostfront22.06.1941-01.11.1942, again 1943). I incline to think that could be a bulgarian or rumanian orden, maybe...Kgl. Rumän. Orden des Stern or der Krone, but it´s difficult to say.

Here are the decorations for von Aulock that I am aware of.

OBERST ANDREAS VON AULOCK
                  (Der Stalingradveteran und Festungskommandant St. Malo)
                  - Ritterkreuz (2294): am 06.11.1943 als Oberst und Kommandeur des Grenadier-Regiment 226
                  - Eichenlaub (551): am 16.08.1944 als Oberst und Kommandant der Festung St. Malo/ Frankreich
                  - Deutsches Kreuz in Gold: am 27.10.1941 als Oberstleutnant und Kommandeur des Infanterie-Regiment 226
                  - 1939 Spange zum 1914 EK I K: 21.06.1940
                  - 1939 Spange zum 1914 EK II K: 27.11.1939
                  - 1914 EK I K: 23.02.1915
                  - 1914 EK II K: 09.09.1914
                  - Sachsen-Coburg-Gothaisches Karl Eduard-Kriegskreuz: 19.07.1916
                  - Fürst. Hohenzollernsches Ehrenkreuz III. Klasse mit Schwertern: 28.03.1917
                  - Ritterkreuz II. Klasse des Grossherzoglichn Sachsen-Weimarischer Hausorden der Wachsamkeit oder vom weissen Falken mit Schwertern: 08.06.1917
                  - Verwundetenabzeichen, 1918 in Silber: 03.05.1918
                  - Ehrenkreuz für Frontkämpfer 1914/1918
                  - Wehrmacht-Dienstauszeichnung IV. Klasse: 01.12.1938
                  - Deutsches Schutzwall-Ehrenzeichen: 00.00.1940
                  - presumably Medaille "Winterschlacht im Osten 1941/1942"
                  - presumably Kubanschild

Best regards,

Jaime.

Comment

came across the same pic as torstenbel. it shows Oberst Aulock as Festungskommandant von st malo and in the middle is werner endell who was hafenkommandant st Malo from june 1943 till august 1944.

Peter
                    Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X