death card translation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

death card translation

Hello all I have two deathcards that I would like a translation. I am going to put thses two along with another 11 or so on e-stand. Thes two are the only ones that have awards listed and I am not familuar with the gothic script, so any help would be appreciated. thanks! Mike

first one to me reads possibly; EK2, panzer assualt badge, wound badge ?, and the ost medal. does it tell where this soldier met his demise, and what unit was he in?
    Attached Files

the second one looks like he won the EK1 & Ek2, ost medal, something panzer assault badge, close combat clasp? and wound badge? same thing here as well what branch and possibly where he met his demise. Thanks again! Mike
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi Mike, you have pretty much got it correct First man was in an MG unit and the second was a Pz Grenadier. Both died fighting in the East.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrian Stevenson
        Hi Mike, you have pretty much got it correct First man was in an MG unit and the second was a Pz Grenadier. Both died fighting in the East.

Cheers, Ade.
        thanks Ade! I guess I am learning more than I thought I had... Just those darn Gothic type face throws me off. Mike

Comment

Hello Mike,
          first one had the "Obergefreiter" rank, second one was a "Uffizier" and "Kompanie-Trupp(en)fuhrer"

Comment

Straßer also had been awarded with a "Nahkampfspange" that is "close combat clasp"

greetings

Bernhard

Comment

thanks guys for the additional Information.. Like I said that gothic script really befuddles me and my german to english dictionary...

Comment

The Unteroffizier was killed at Zaporozhe.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X