How do you display/keep your photos?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you display/keep your photos?

I’ve started to build up a bit of a collection and I’d like to hear how you keep your photos. Mine are all original/personal “snapshot” sized. My plan is to keep them in separate binders, each photo in its own archival sleeve. The binders will each hold the theme of my collection, that bring personal shots of Hitler, interesting shots involving flags, and the “horror of war” ie hangings, mass killings, atrocities. That’s the best I’ve come up with anyway. Anyone know of a better way? Thanks

Merry Christmas!!
    Joel

Thought I might try this one more time.

Comment

I've been collecting single photographs, photo groupings, documents and photograph albums for a few years now and never found a good way to display them physically.

Even in museums you see albums open on one page, showing just that page out of the entire album, the rest kept hidden. Either that or digitised on a small tablet slideshow.

For me I've found the best way is to digitise them, scan them on a good scanner at high resolution then put the photos or albums into storage and out of the way.

Then use a programme like lightroom or DPP 4.0 to catalogue them and sort them that way. This way you can keep folders for albums or groups but also catalogue all the related images across albums.

For loose photos or small groups/documents I use archive boxes for storage.

For slides I use something like this :

I did put together a large sized album with corners for the random one off shots and very small groups but that's the exception. It's just way easier to digitise them and then show them on a PC with a 4k 40 inch monitor to anyone who is interested. The detail you can get this way is worth the effort in my opinion.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
      X