Gerät 040 and Gerät 041, also known as Karl-Gerät

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gerät 040 and Gerät 041, also known as Karl-Gerät

I've long been a custodian of a file of Gerät 040 - Karl Mörser - file Nr. 8 thanks to my late friend Marc van Velthoven (he is seriously missed). It came from the estate of a Rheinmetall-Borsig engineer with a great Panther file.

A few days ago, I received a package from a long time friend, which consists of Gerät 040 file Nr. 6 and Gerät 041 file from the former Pawlas collection.

So files Nr.6 and Nr.8 have found a long way to meet again in Tokio.
    Attached Files

Fantastic!
    Thanks.
    Ciao Oriano

Comment

Thank you Oriano, having the good original photo makes me possible to scan it at highest resolution, thus revealing what is unavailable in publications and poor internet scans.

Attached is the crop from the photo above, showing the name "Baldur" on the furthest gun.
      Attached Files

Comment

Do you have a copy of Jentz's "Bertha's Big Brother / KARL-GERAET"? The book contains amazing information (who knew?).

When you open the book at page 32, viewing the photo below, it shows quite impressive details.

STILL,
        Attached Files

Comment

Look at this - this is the scan of the road wheel details of the same photo.

These details are always amazing!
          Attached Files

Comment

Very nice!
            I'm collecting anything related to the towns Castricum and Bakkum during WWII.
            Also soldbucher from 116pzdiv. And 1944-1945 eastfront pockets, kampfgruppe and Oder front.
            My website: Gotrick.nl

Comment

What monster weapons! The one just dwarfs the Pz. IV ammo Schleper next to it. Fantastic pics.

Comment

fantastic photos Akira... woww !! what a super treasure of technical reference.
                Cant wait to see some more photos.

Thank you.
                Ian

Comment

Amazing and very rare files! I was always impressed by those weapons.
                  Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X