Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Postcard for review: SS Rider and Horse

Hello all:

Posting this for review and commentary. Not heavily into postcards - the ones I keep are generally either WHW, VDA or the "awards" series.

Obtained in a lot - included were some Wehrmacht "Infanterie" series, HJ, typical Adolf Hitler poses along with some rarer cards; all of which I am familiar.

This is one I have not seen and putting out there as I know someone in the group will have info on it!

Many thanks, as always, and happy holidays to all!

Gary
    Attached Files

This is one of the SS Reiter postcards... Unfortunately the one you have posted is a reproduction / fake.

Here is an original, front and back to compare...

They are not that common to find although I have seen several on the market this year.

Attached Files

Comment

Hi,

this postcard was heavily faked in the last decades, i will suggest any collector that may be interested by this model to post it on the WAF.

See You

Vince

Comment

Many thanks!

I very much appreciate the review of this postcard. Great info and exactly what I was looking for!!

As stated, I got this in a large excellent grouping of authentic-to-period cards; it didn't look right to me, so I posted it to confirm my suspicions.

Two of the cards in this large group - that I really wanted to snag for my collection - are posted.

A great HJ early war postcard is first. But what really adds to this, IMHO, is that it was snagged by a US serviceman and mailed back to the States (via military post) in August, 1945. Really cool piece!

Even better, a fully cancelled and NSDAP stamped "get out the vote" reminder card for the April 10, 1938 Reichstag vote. I collect NSDAP election ephemera and have never seen a "get out the vote" card in this condition. Super rare item!

Again, many thanks and much appreciated!

Gary
        Attached Files

Comment

Gary, the color HJ postcard is truly a RARE beauty! I've focused on cards for about 20 years, and have never seen that one. A really nice find

Comment

Many thanks and very much appreciated! Most of the cards were “run of the mill”, but this one definitely stood out!

Originally posted by johninhb View Post
            Gary, the color HJ postcard is truly a RARE beauty! I've focused on cards for about 20 years, and have never seen that one. A really nice find

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X