another new photo wiht a question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

another new photo wiht a question

Hello all, I received this photo today and could not find the unit emblem in my regular sources. Any opinions would be appreciated.
    Attached Files

close up of the unit emblem. Or is it a tactical sign?
    Attached Files

Comment

I thought the fellow standing was and is the Der Speiss, but it looks like he has something else along with the stripes as well as odd collar tabs. Any thoughts?
      Attached Files

Comment

I think it is a prewar insignia for Aufklärungstruppen - Aufklärungs-Abteilung 4 (mot.) Is there a photoshop stamp on the back, hopefully from Leipzig or Sonderhausen?

Comment

Originally posted by Akira Takiguchi
          I think it is a prewar insignia for Aufklärungstruppen - Aufklärungs-Abteilung 4 (mot.) Is there a photoshop stamp on the back, hopefully from Leipzig or Sonderhausen?
          Akira, you are spot on! There is a stamp from a developer in Sonderhausen.. I am unfamiluar with the name. I checked my german english dictionary and I take it it is propaganda troops? Mike

Comment

Aufklärungsabteilung is a recce batallion equipped mainly with armored cars. I have something from A.A.4, take a look at http://www.history.jp/wehrmacht/005.htm.

Sonderhausen is a town in Thüringen.

Originally posted by R MICHAEL
            Akira, you are spot on! There is a stamp from a developer in Sonderhausen.. I am unfamiluar with the name. I checked my german english dictionary and I take it it is propaganda troops? Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Akira Takiguchi
              Aufklärungsabteilung is a recce batallion equipped mainly with armored cars. I have something from A.A.4, take a look at http://www.history.jp/wehrmacht/005.htm.

Sonderhausen is a town in Thüringen.
              Thanks for the link to your article Akira. I would say that you have it. I don't know if this would be intersting but the truck in the background has one of the flags unfurled, if that means anything..

Does the the "der Speiss" fellow show up in you grouping? thanks again! Mike

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X