Help with another postcard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with another postcard

I am also trying to determine the relative rarity of this 1938 postcard commentating the “freeing” of Austria. Again, any help would be most appreciated.
    Attached Files

Anyone?

Comment

Hi Fred,

This is a harder to find card in very nice condition. Sadly, 3rd Reich postcards are in a little bit of a slump since their peak highs from 2005-2013.
      Back then, full retail for this card would be around $250-$300. Currently, it would go for about $100 less at full retail...between $150 and $200.

Postcards used to sell well in the 'estand' section of W-A, but that died down as well about 5 years ago.
      Now it is next to impossible to sell postcards on estand, without posting them at very low, giveaway prices.

Best regards,
      John

PS: I'm in the same boat. I bought a bunch of high value cards at their peak, many in the $200-$800 each range.
      Now I try to lose no more than 30% when selling them, but it's hard to find buyers even at the reduced price.

Comment

Thanks for the information John. It is much appreciated. I was aware that the postcard market had dropped to some extent but was unaware to what extent.
        Thanks again.
        Best Tegrads,
        Fred

Comment

I usually pick up a few from time to time. At Max or SOS.

Comment

I cannot afford a real propaganda poster but some of the postcards are pretty close so I like to pick them up as an affordable substitute

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X