Helmet name deciphering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Helmet name deciphering

Maybe you guys can help. I have never quite been able to decipher the sutterlin script that this name is written in (I assume it is his name anyway). The last appears to be "Hamal"...but the first
    Attached Files

First is "Sientschnig" (assuming the second dot is over the correct bumpy) fairly clearly but the other bit looks not like an "H" but something weird and a letter "h" second, the lower tail of which extends down to the edge and is worn.

Comment

I don't see anything? Not even a pic?
      Junior

Comment

Now I do. I'm a bit hallucinating these days.
        Jr.

Comment

Rick, thanks...is that actually name? Perhaps the first letter in the last name is a weird "T"??

Comment

Probably some sort of Austro-Czech, with a name like the last Chancellor of the 1st Republic, Kurt Schuschnigg.

My initial impression was "Th..." as well.

EUREKA!!!!!

"Thomas!!!!!!!"

Comment

Ah....OK, Sientschnig IS a surname, so I guess he wrote his last name first but omitted the comma..Thomas Sientschnig. Deciphering the sutterlin is like that for me too..you stare and stare, then all of a sudden it becomes obvious!! Thanks

Comment

Here is the helmet attached to the name...Thomas had a bad day it appears, as the helmet has been struck several time w/ bullets, even leaving a chunk of lead embedded in the liner
                Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X