translation needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

translation needed

Hello all I have had this small "order of the day" thingie for a while now, came with a small photo grouping. I would love to know what it reads. Any help would be great ly appreciated. Mike
    Attached Files

reverse
    Attached Files

Comment

Well, the first image posted makes the entire contents clear; roughly translated, it warns soldiers to make sure they "cap it before they tap it", as venereal disease is a scourge somewhat akin to Leprosy or AIDS. At least that's the way it's worded.

You want an actual word for word? Or is that general overview enough?
      Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
      ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Originally posted by hankmeister
        Well, the first image posted makes the entire contents clear; roughly translated, it warns soldiers to make sure they "cap it before they tap it", as venereal disease is a scourge somewhat akin to Leprosy or AIDS. At least that's the way it's worded.

You want an actual word for word? Or is that general overview enough?
        ... Thanks! No the general overview is good enough. I wasa thinking it was going to be about thier paybook or something... Is it attributable to a specific I.D. or is it a generic Phamphlet? Thanks again! Mike

Comment

Avoid taking pleasure in alcohol...

Seek ye NOT the company of Loose Women ("...leichtfertigen Frauenpersonen" ) but if you MUST...

take down her name, address, and "particulars" (sumufum musta used "professional names," huh?) for the inevitable Venereal Followup to your thoughtlessness etc...

could have been written by Julius Caesar!

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Research
            Avoid taking pleasure in alcohol...

Seek ye NOT the company of Loose Women ("...leichtfertigen Frauenpersonen" ) but if you MUST...

take down her name, address, and "particulars" (sumufum musta used "professional names," huh?) for the inevitable Venereal Followup to your thoughtlessness etc...

could have been written by Julius Caesar!
            No wonder I haven't gotte the translation from a coworkers 60+ yo Mom, who was raised in Germany... LOL I am surprised this lasted to the present day. I would assume most of these just got wadded up pretty quickly...

Comment

At the top of the obverse it states that it is a merkblatt (instruction sheet) and it is to be kept in the pocket of the soldbuch.

Comment

Originally posted by DocumentsGuy
                At the top of the obverse it states that it is a merkblatt (instruction sheet) and it is to be kept in the pocket of the soldbuch.
                ahhh, that is why the word solbuch is there. thanks!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X