Heinrich Himmler Look-Alike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heinrich Himmler Look-Alike

Scanning my way through some SS pictures and came across this Himmler look-alike. Is it just me or does anyone else see it? Also, the old fellow here looks familiar for some reason. Does anyone recognize him? I've posted the reverse of the photo as well. If anyone can read the handwriting, please let us know what it says.

Regards,

Z
    Attached Files

hi

i'd say it is in Garmisch 1934

http://www.thirdreichruins.com/garmisch.htm
    sigpic

-=Always looking for French cadets infos at Shaw Field South Carolina 1944=-

Comment

Yes, I see what you mean, Zachary...though perhaps the fuzziness of the print accentuates the similarity with Himmler? Wish we could see his collar tabs! Sorry to say that the other fellow doesn't ring any bells for me.

Cheers,

Br. James

Comment

At first, I thought the older guy looked like Ritter von Epp, but I really don't think it's him ... just maybe a resemblance.

Back looks like SS Übung [Training] in Garmisch to me.

Comment

Geoff,

That's it exactly, Ritter von Epp. I agree, it isn't really him, but that's who the old gent reminded me of, I just couldn't pull the name out of my rusty memory. Thanks.

And Br. James, you are right, it is a shame the print is not more clear.

Thanks guys,

Z
          Attached Files

Comment

And Ritter von Epp didn't belong to the SS; he was an Ehrenführer of the NSKK, but the persons in this photo are SS.

Cheers,

Br. James

Comment

Later SS Standartenführer Gebhard Ludwig Himmler (the older brother of Heinrich) perhaps?

Regards

Comment

Originally posted by Oberbootsmann View Post
                Later SS Standartenführer Gebhard Ludwig Himmler (the older brother of Heinrich) perhaps?

Regards
                Now that's an interesting thought I had not previously considered. There is certainly a resemblance I think.
                Attached Files

Comment

I don't think so...the nose isn't right.

Br. James

Comment

Nice photo, but nobody noteworthy present.

~ Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Br. James View Post
                      I don't think so...the nose isn't right.

Br. James
                      I agree Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Miller View Post
                        Nice photo, but nobody noteworthy present.

~ Mike
                        I agree with you guys, no one famous in the pic. But I enjoyed exploring the possibility that there might have been a celebrity in the mix. And for a few minutes there, I really thought it might have been HH's brother. For me, that's part of the fun of looking through all these accumulated photos. Thanks for the comments and interest gents.

All the Best,

Z

Comment

I believe the inscription is "SS Übung (Training) in Garmisch 1934" . Note the cuff-titles displaying the SS Sturm number. The "Himmler" look-alike is the Scharführer of the squad (Schar) assembled for the photo.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X