BrunoMado

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maybe someone recognizes a familiar face in these Wehrmacht officers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe someone recognizes a familiar face in these Wehrmacht officers?

Hello.
    Got this photo as a part from a bigger lot not that long time ago.
    I knwo it's a hard mission, but maybe someone can help me out & recognize any familiar faces in these Wehrmacht officers?
    Thanks and regards,
    Peter

The right hand figure may not be German. The uniform may be from one of the German allies.

Comment

On the left a gebirgsjäger, a decent scan of the photo might help, but it looks like he's between major and oberst. Perhaps oberst as it looks like there might be 2 pips on the shoulder boards.

At a very rough guess i'd say he belonged to the XXXXIX Geb.Korps , 1 or 4 Geb.Div.
      Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon O. View Post
        On the left a gebirgsjäger, a decent scan of the photo might help, but it looks like he's between major and oberst. Perhaps oberst as it looks like there might be 2 pips on the shoulder boards.

At a very rough guess i'd say he belonged to the XXXXIX Geb.Korps , 1 or 4 Geb.Div.

Good day.
        Thanks for Your opinion Simon.
        This is the best picture I can do..
        Regards,
        Peter

Comment

Clearly an oberstleutnant or oberst and i'd take a guess at a Romanian lt.col or colonel
          Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X