Oak Leaves Document

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oak Leaves Document

Guys I have a friend interested in buying a large Oakleaves document to a Uboat commander. It is in excellent condition. Neither of us has any idea what one of these might sell for and would appreciate any assistance you guys could provide. Thanks!
    Ignored Due To Invisibility.

1. Buy or sell?
    2. To whom it was awarded to?
    3. Condition?
    4. Signed or unsigned?
    5. If signed, original or fascimile signature?
    6. Come with original package or not?
    7. Felt included?

Comment

Prices for such document are in thousands euro. Pictures would be really helpful to give an opinion

Comment

Here's another question: Is this document being sold by the family of the original recipient or by someone else? If other than the recipient's family, what is the history of this piece's travels since it left the possession of the original recipient?

It might be very difficult to answer this question if it is being offered for sale by anyone other than the original recipient's family, but to secure solid provenance, this question must be properly answered. And if being offered by the family, is a notarized statement of originality being included with the document...and if not, can it be secured now? Very important questions, IMHO.

Br. James

Comment

Originally posted by chen View Post
          1. Buy or sell?
          3. Condition?
          4. Signed or unsigned?
          7. Felt included?
          Chen,

These are the important questions for me as well.

John

Comment

Originally posted by Br. James View Post
            Here's another question: Is this document being sold by the family of the original recipient or by someone else? If other than the recipient's family, what is the history of this piece's travels since it left the possession of the original recipient?

It might be very difficult to answer this question if it is being offered for sale by anyone other than the original recipient's family, but to secure solid provenance, this question must be properly answered. And if being offered by the family, is a notarized statement of originality being included with the document...and if not, can it be secured now? Very important questions, IMHO.

Br. James
            Interesting...Personally, I would not consider provenance very important. It would be nice to have, but it is not difficult to establish the originality of a Formal Oakleaves document. If are discussing the Oakleaves medal, then I would agree that provenance would be key in establishing the relationship to the recipient.

Best,
            John

Comment

Quicky, I'd say maybe Eur 60,000.00 retail for a U-Boot Mann. Difficult to say. Too few pieces, too few transactions to determine a market price...

Cheers from Brugge, Belgium!

Markus

Comment

Originally posted by Br. James View Post

Br. James
                Originally posted by InfanterieSammler View Post
                Interesting...Personally, I would not consider provenance very important. It would be nice to have, but it is not difficult to establish the originality of a Formal Oakleaves document. If are discussing the Oakleaves medal, then I would agree that provenance would be key in establishing the relationship to the recipient.

Best,
                John
                Absolutely right John. Provenance for a document is a waste of time. The important thing is to ascertain if it is real or fake. The actual medal or clasp is a different matter, but as we are discussing the document, the past travels of the piece has no bearing on the question.
                Max.

Comment

Originally posted by chen View Post
                  1. Buy or sell?
                  3. Condition?
                  4. Signed or unsigned?
                  7. Felt included?

Okay, I finally got some responses from the guy that's actually seen it and is interested in buying it.

1. He wants to buy it

2. He is not willing to list the name of the recipient.

3. He says the condition is very good, no stains or tears.

4 It has a facsimile signature.

6. Does not have the original package

7. No felt
                  Ignored Due To Invisibility.

Comment

Assuming it is not to a big name, I would say it is around 35,000E ( Merten's one was listed /sold at 40,000E years ago)

Comment

any news about the sale of this Kriegsmarine document?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X