RK winner information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RK winner information

got some RK winners phjotos from Detlev - does anyone have any information on them ??

First one is Komopka,"Großdeutschland
    Attached Files
    Strong wind-magic mist, to Asgard the Valkries fly
    High overhead-they carry the dead, Where the blood of my enemies lies - MANOWAR - Hail to England

heinrich springer SS

next
    Attached Files
    High overhead-they carry the dead, Where the blood of my enemies lies - MANOWAR - Hail to England

Comment

last one

egon delica
      Attached Files

Comment

Egon Delica info

Hello Graig,

Here is some additional information about Egon Delica.

he was born on 01.01.1915 , entered military service on 01.04.1933 with the AR. 2 ( Stettin ) , promoted in december 1934 towards Unteroffizier , from 01.05.1935 he was transferred towards the " Kampfbeobachterschule " at Prenzlau .

Mai 1936 made another transfer towards the KG 1 " Hindenburg " as a Kampfhilfsbeobachter , afterwards as a Kampfbeobachter with the Kampf - Lehrgeschwader 1 untill 01.1940 ) he participated during this time in the war against Poland and was awarded the EK 2 somwhere 11.1939 for his actions .

on 01.12.1939 promoted towards Leutnant , from 12.01.1940 transferred towards the " Versuchabteilung " in Schwerin ( better known as Sturmbattalion Koch ) , he was to see again in action in the famous attack on the Belgian fortress of Eben Emael .
        For his actions on this fortress he was awarded the EK 1 & the Knights cross on 13.05.1940 + a promotion towards Oberleutnant .

From 01.09.1940 he was " Staffelkapitan " from the 5.Staffel./LLG 1 ( Halberstadt ) , then transferred on 30.11.1940 towards the 6.Staffel./LLG 1 ( halberstadt ) again as a " Staffelkapitan " .

From February 1941 he particpated in the planning of the attack of crete , after the Crete mission towards the Staff Gen.Kdo. XI Flieger korps ( Berlin ) , gruppe Wilke .

Febr./March 1942 transferred towards the FJ_Regt. " Koch " + action on the eastern front , this unit was transported towards FRance from 06.1942 .Promotion towards Hauptmann on 01.07.1942 , From Okt. 1942 again towards the Falschirmschule Wittstock and afterwards he became chief of the 4./LLG 2 ( Nancy ) , again a transfer towards the FJ School at Dreuse - Lyon (this schooll transferred during the summer of 1944 towards Bruchsal and this school was stopped at the end of 1944 )

In January 1945 in the II./FJ - Regt. 19 and actions at Reichswald ( near Kleeve ) => there he became a POW on 12.02.1945 ( Englisch ) => he was again a free man in August 1947 and he went back towards his country .

He entered BUndeswehr service on 01.05.1956 and was discharged on 31.04.1971 with the grade of " Oberstleutnant " .

I hope i have helped you a little bit with this info , im sure others can add also towards this persons carreer .

Cordial Greetings,
        my collectionfield : German glider pilots

http://users.skynet.be/lw-glider/

Comment

Hein Springer

Hi Craig,

Carl Evans posted earlier about Hein Springer's website, with info and more photos.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...light=springer

Regards,
          Greg
          sigpicFacebook "Tigers in the Ardennes" book page
          www.facebook.com/TigersintheArdennes

Comment

konopka

dear craig, konopka,gerhard was part of the grossdeutschland div and won his 4 tank destruction badges and his german cross destroying three T34
            tanks and a KV 52 at the russian front.his knight cross was won one year later .
            he also won the close combat clasp in bronze and the gold wound badge after being wounded 9 TIMES!
            he was also a panzerknacker instructor.
            regards manuel

Comment

Konopka was awarded the CCC in gold on april,20 1945
              jacques

Comment

jaques,thanks for the info! regards manuel

Comment

please accept my thanks

Thanks a lot all who replied, Konopka sounds the most interesting but I can not find much information about him, maybe I'll have to dig deeper !!! Again thanks for replying I appreciate it
                  Regards

Comment

dear craig, try to get the book tank killers from bender you have two pages about him.
                    more info for you.
                    he was born 27 of march 1911 died january 29 1997
                    won his ek2 18-1-41
                    ek1 1-7-41
                    dk 9-10-42
                    kc 29-8-43
                    ccc 20-4-43
                    4 tank destruction 42 not confirmed
                    also wound badge in gold
                    regards manuel

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X