No announcement yet.

Card: Invitation for RK-trägern for celebration of führers birthday Norway 1945

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Card: Invitation for RK-trägern for celebration of führers birthday Norway 1945

This card has been in my possession for over 40 years.

And I have only recently learned that it is an invitation to celebrate Fühers birthday made by the SS-Obergruppenfuhrer / SD Friedrich Wilhelm Rediess who served as Reich Commissar under Josef Terboven. Probably not many of these cards have been produced, as it was for specially invited officers in the waffen SS and SD.

The cards found at the SS-Obergruppenführer Friedrich Wilhelm Rediess office were reportedly burned. Probably because of hate to Gestapo.

SS-Obergruppenführer Friedrich Wilhelm Rediess shot himself on May 8, 1945 in a bunker at Skaugum.

I have been informed that it is a rare card, but otherwise I do not know much about the card. Paper is not part of my collecting interest. So, therefore, I am considering selling the card.

Is there any idea about the value and where it would be best to sell it?

Card measures 14,7*10,4 cm.
    Attached Files

Are you sure it's an invitation card? Pretty pointless in Norway if it is as there weren't any by that time.

I wonder if it wasn't part of a gift or presentation set, perhaps artwork, photos etc. of SS RKT given out by the HSSPF?
    Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

I think Simon has a good point here. The card simply states: "The Knights Cross bearers of the SS on the occasion of the Führer's birthday in cordial companionship," and without any information about where or when such a birthday celebration would take place, it reads like a card meant to accompany a gift of some sort.

Br. James

Comment

I only refer to what I have received information about. And from a Norwegian source who heard about the card, and was told that some cards were found at Rediess's office.

And that's exactly why I ask in this forum.

In fact, Norway was one of the last places where the Germans stood very strong. So it will not surprise me that you have wanted to celebrate AH's birthday.

Comment

trans

If I can add one word to the English translation: "To the Knight's Cross" .... so something (perhaps only the card?) is being presented to them.

Comment

Ah, so perhaps a greetings card to be sent to SSRKT
            Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Originally posted by badge5050 View Post
              I only refer to what I have received information about. And from a Norwegian source who heard about the card, and was told that some cards were found at Rediess's office.

And that's exactly why I ask in this forum.

In fact, Norway was one of the last places where the Germans stood very strong. So it will not surprise me that you have wanted to celebrate AH's birthday.
              I have no doubt at all they were found in Rediess's office. It makes sense.

As for the German armed forces in Norway. Of course they were intact, that's one of the reasons you get all the awards, promotions etc. Throughout 1945. But as i said, there were no SSRKT here in 45. In fact the only ones that were here briefly were those from the Nord division in nov-dec 44 as they transisted through the country from Finland.

Comment

Ok, maybe it's not an invitation. But something else?

And yes, it makes sense that attendees are found in Rediess's office.

I got the card together with papers from a person who, as far as I know, is not ritterkreuzträger, but I'm having trouble tying his name so I'm not sure. But do not think the papers necessarily belong together.

Comment

I think it's as Pauke suggests, a greetings card meant to be sent to WSS RKT.

Comment

OK. Is there any proposals for a value of the card?

Comment

Originally posted by Br. James View Post
                      I think Simon has a good point here. The card simply states: "The Knights Cross bearers of the SS on the occasion of the Führer's birthday in cordial companionship," and without any information about where or when such a birthday celebration would take place, it reads like a card meant to accompany a gift of some sort.

Br. James
                      Yes, I agree. Tom

Comment

I have this exact same card, but for one difference, it is dated 20 April 1944.

It was given to me from a RKT from the LSSAH (he was never in Norway).

My version is creamy-coloured card, with the ribbon is full red / white / black colours.

It was featured in the book covring Kurt Sametreiter's history back in 2013.

Regards
                        Peter

Comment

The officer sending out the cards is stationed in Norway and there is no implying that all the RKT's are also in Norway. As with Hitler's "Christmas" greetings the Reich chancellery is noted on the card, but recipients are everywhere.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X