Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Soldbuch/Wehrpass Database

www.tiny.cc/Soldbuch

Hey guys. Ive created a database to archive Soldbuchs/Wehrpass/Death Cards to aid in research. Ive created a simple form that can be filled out with some simple information, the basics, and once submitted there is a spreadsheet that aggregates that information in a searchable manner. I envision this being useful to do things like track down missing parts of a grouping, searching for siblings, looking for members of the same units, etc.

At the moment it only can handle text input, but Im looking at a clean way to incorporate submitted photographs or scans, should people so desire. information can be submitted anonymously, or with contact information if you so desire.

For now, its a publicly accessible Google Drive link, but in the near future it will be hosted on a simple website allowing for easy submission and viewing of the archive.

What do you guys think of the idea? If you like it, would you mind adding a few documents to the database? If you have suggestions, thoughts, comments, I'd love to hear them...and if anyone likes the idea so much they'd like to assist in its development, id love the help. Ideally I'd like to build a website with a guide for decoding documents alongside the database.

Currently the link is:

www.Tiny.cc/Soldbuch

There you will find the submission form, as well as the spreadsheet with information. At the moment there are only a few entries, stuff I shot in quick as proof of concept. Any submissions you make would be kept, as adjustments to the system dont mean I need to delete prior submissions.

Thanks!

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
X