HJ ceremony with Hitler Berlin 20 April 1945

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HJ ceremony with Hitler Berlin 20 April 1945

I was just wondering if anyone has the series of photos with Hitler presenting Iron Crosses to the HJ on 20 April 1945; if so can you post them or a link here.

It is possible that one of the HJ in the pictures is a relative, I have only found one photo of the event on the web and it sure looks like him as a teeanger (13yrs old that day), I would like to see the other photos to confirm.

Thanks

Award in Berlin

Yes this is a famous photo, the kid was given an EK II and lives in the Chicago area, at least he did about 10 years ago.
    Ron Weinand
    Weinand Militaria

Comment

Is this when he pats the side of the kid's face, somewhat paternally, despite the palsy? This is also video if I remember correctly, and shouldn't be too hard to locate.

mike

Comment

here you go.

Here he shakes hands with Alfred Czech (zeck??), a 12-year-old Hitler Youth soldier, after the young veteran of battles in Pomerania and upper and lower Silesia was awarded the Iron Cross.

Alfred Czech survived the war, the German magazine Bild recently did a story on him which you can find at: http://www.bild.t-online.de/BTO/news/2005/03/13/hitler__held/hitler__held__teil__1.html
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Craigob; 04-22-2005, 10:24 AM.

Comment

Yep, I read this. Very interesting stuff.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X