Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cuff title pic opinion

Hi Guys

I would like a second opinion on this cuff title pic, this is part of a large album that I bought from a UK dealer some time ago. The albums front cover is entitled "Standarte Feldherrnhalle" with the Feldherrnhalle badge below although the first 2/3 of the album seem to focus quite heavily on the 17th Inf.Div and the 24th Inf.Div with only the last couple of pages actually showing cufftitles with this being the best. Am I talking myself into this being a Feldherrnhalle cufftitle? Sorry for the bad scan, your help is greatly appreciated.

regards

Simon
    Attached Files

The possibilities are pretty limited (Feldgendarmerie? - but no sleeve eagle; FHQ? etc.)

There doesn't appear to be any cyphers on the straps, but from what you've said I think you are right regarding it being Feldherrnhalle.

Comment

Thanks for your comments Robin I have only got one reference book to the Feldherrnhalle and shots of Grenadiers without Cyphers are quite common throughout. I have another pic here of him with a guy who is wearing Feldhernhalle collar tabs and gorget, would you say he is SA or Luftwaffe, I think the uniform is too dark to be SA but there is no tunic Eagle to indicate Luftwaffe?
      Attached Files

Comment

I would say it's an SA uniform--the boards and, as you mentioned, tabs and gorget are FHH, and the shirt and tie are SA. Can you tell about the sleeveband in the first photo with a magnifier? It looks like an out of focus FHH sleeveband to me--the angle of the first letter looks right for FHH.
        Erich

Originally posted by batfink9
        Thanks for your comments Robin I have only got one reference book to the Feldherrnhalle and shots of Grenadiers without Cyphers are quite common throughout. I have another pic here of him with a guy who is wearing Feldhernhalle collar tabs and gorget, would you say he is SA or Luftwaffe, I think the uniform is too dark to be SA but there is no tunic Eagle to indicate Luftwaffe?
        Festina lente!

Comment

Hi Erich, thanks for clearing that up for me Im fairly certain that it is FHH, there are other photos of other soldiers wearing cufftitles but that is the clearest shot and not very good under a magnifier either . I bought the album from a dealer online and was slightly perturbed that the first 2/3 of the album distinguished between two different Inf.Div's but not the 93rd so I am asking for other opinions to settle my mind. The cufftitle pics appear towards the last few pages of the album, there are also 7 prints from newsreel film showing the visit of Viktor Lütze to the Division in August 1942 and a soldier admiring what looks to be a cufftitle, my understanding is that this is around the time that the FHH title was bestowed?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X