Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

von Freideburg

Hello
    Does anyone have a copy of Admiral von Freideburgs' signature and is there a book with popular personalities signatures?
    Steve
    Does this look OK
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Steve Mezey; 03-23-2005, 05:56 PM. Reason: add photo

pic2
    Attached Files

Comment

pic3
      Attached Files

Comment

An opinion would be greatly appreciated. The paper smells old and i believe the Docs to be good. they did come from a fairly reliable source but i am no expert on documents.

Happy long weekend to all
        Steve

Comment

Hello Steve

I leaning toward the thought that the signature is stamped

T.

Originally posted by Steve Mezey
          Hello
          Does anyone have a copy of Admiral von Freideburgs' signature and is there a book with popular personalities signatures?
          Steve
          Does this look OK

Comment

[Thanks T
            That is not really an issue with me I can clearly see that it is an actual signature. It is soaked into the paper very nicely. I am more worried about the format of the document itself and the official stamp?
            Steve

Comment

Actually T
              I think you are correct either this guy can sign his name perfect more than once or it was stamped ! Was this general parctice when sending out postumous awards to families of KIA sailors? I also have an I/C document for the same guy signed by someone else on sept 17th,1943. The first two docs that I posted sure feel and look and smell like they are 60 years old?
              Steve

Comment

Surrender document

Von Friedeburg was one of the signers of the surrender document, if you can find a picture of the original, you would have something to compare it with. This was the document that was signed on May 4th, by Field Marshal Montgomery.

Comment

Steve, I don't like the stamp too, looks too clean, beside I think that asterisks
                  should be there instead of lines. T.

Actually T
                  I think you are correct either this guy can sign his name perfect more than once or it was stamped ! Was this general parctice when sending out postumous awards to families of KIA sailors? I also have an I/C document for the same guy signed by someone else on sept 17th,1943. The first two docs that I posted sure feel and look and smell like they are 60 years old?
                  Steve

Comment

I under stand what you are saying but can you answer my question. Did they send out documents to families that were stamped with the admiral's fascimle of his signature like these doc's.I would imagine during the war they sent out thousands of them. I don't think the Admiral had time to sit in his office all day long signing death certificates of KIA men.I am new to documents and would be happy to know this. Yes T the admiral stamp looks to be printed right onto the document itself not stamped on later that is why it is so perfectly placed?

1 is it an out and out fake?
                    2 is it original but stamped using a stamp making it less valuable?
                    3 Is it a rare document that is fairly valuble?

I would really appreciate any discussion on this group
                    I can also post more pictures if need be
                    Steve

Comment

.... Did they send out documents to families that were stamped with the admiral's fascimle of his signature like these doc's.......
                      Quick answer: yes!

1 is it an out and out fake?
                      2 is it original but stamped using a stamp making it less valuable?
                      3 Is it a rare document that is fairly valuble?

I would really appreciate any discussion on this group
                      I can also post more pictures if need be
                      Steve
                      As for the rest, I can say:
                      1. dunno. U-boat docs are like SS - they're often faked because lots of people see them as prized.
                      2. The stamp makes it a little less "valuable" depending on if you happen to have a particular interest in the Admiral or that U-boat
                      3. See #1

I know that's not a huge increase in the discussion, but it's the best I can do.
                      Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
                      ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Here is the doc that came with it
                        Attached Files

Comment

signature
                          Attached Files

Comment

stamp on the u-boat doc
                            Attached Files

Comment

closeup
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X