Help with Unser Waffen SS postcard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with Unser Waffen SS postcard

I bought this card at a recent auction and would appreciate some opinions on it.

thanks in advance

Tom
    Attached Files

Hi Tom,

It looks a little 'bright white', more than it should, but maybe that is just a lighting issue?
    Plus the SS runes on yours look a little 'wonky'. None of my originals have runes like that. So....I'm a little doubtful.

Originals should be just a little 'off white'. Here is the reverse of one of my originals with real usage.

Best regards,
    John

PS: Also just noticed that the font is way off on yours. Pretty sure its a 1000% 'no go'. Sorry!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by johninhb; 01-11-2018, 02:48 PM.

Comment

hi Tom
      fake character font used for me

thomas

Comment

Thanks guys, I noticed it was different from the other postcards of series that I have - and it isn't the lighting, it does have an almost glossy sheen. Getting the thumbs down is a disappointment but not a surprise.

Any thoughts on these from the same auction house?

https://www.ratisbons.com/shop/NEW-A...postcards.html

Cheers

Tom

Comment

Hi,

sorry for the delay in my reply, too much to do in the previous days/weeks...

The first postcard is unfortunately a smart fake... but still fake.
          Front borders are off, runes at the back are nothing like the originals...

Do you may test it with an UV light, to know if it glows or not ?
          Fakes can glow, but some don't...

All the postcards on Ratisbons website are 100% original (but a bit too expensive, "Unsere" postcards can be found for 20 to 30 euros - even GG got a few original for a very nice price on a previous auction - the "Einsatzgruppen der Sipo-SD" in Poland are worth 10 to 20 euros). Maybe you can ask Klaus for a small discount ?

See You

Vince
          Last edited by FrenchVolunteer; 01-15-2018, 07:49 AM.

Comment

Thanks Vince.
            I think I paid 30 euros for it and agree with your pricing but some of them such as the one featuring Pander Meyer or the one with the tanks coming over the hill seem to go for more.
            Cheers
            Tom

Comment

Originally posted by FrenchVolunteer View Post

runes at the back are nothing like the originals...
              I wouldn't say so: https://yadi.sk/d/e8oWcAen3Rk8gA

Comment

Hi,

third party websites/links are the plague of the WAF...
                I'm reposting the picture in question.

Picture posted in this reply is also a modern fake. Colour of ink as the paper is bad.

What i wanted to say is that the print is bad, the SS runes and the texts are badly printed.

Yes Tom unfortunately some postcards may be more expensive online, but on flea markets you can still get the various Hoffmann and "Unsere Waffen-SS" postcards for very cheap price. It may take some time though.

See You

Vince
                Attached Files

Comment

Hi,

third party websites/links are the plague of the WAF...
                  I'm reposting the picture in question.

Picture posted in this reply is also a modern fake. Colour of ink as the paper is bad.

What i wanted to say is that the print is bad, the SS runes and the texts are badly printed.

Yes Tom unfortunately some postcards may be more expensive online, but on flea markets you can still get the various Hoffmann and "Unsere Waffen-SS" postcards for very cheap price. It may take some time though.

See You

Vince

Unfortunately I can't insert images, so I have to use other websites and links.

So, are they all fake? I mean this type of runes?

Comment

Hi,

the main thing to check is the colour of the postcard.
                    It has a very distinctive off white colour in every single originals, and actually in every single SS-Hauptamt postcards including recruitment ones.

If the paper/cardboard looks too white, it will be more probably a reprint.

I took a few of my postcards and just took pictures of them.

The first postcard on the left is one of the variation with "Arial" font instead of the "Times New Roman" font most usually found on the "Unsere Waffen-SS" collection.

You can check the various websites that propose original postcards of those collections, you will notice the typical off white colour of the paper.

See You

Vince
                    Attached Files

Comment

Hi,

the main thing to check is the colour of the postcard.
                      It has a very distinctive off white colour in every single originals, and actually in every single SS-Hauptamt postcards including recruitment ones.

If the paper/cardboard looks too white, it will be more probably a reprint.

I took a few of my postcards and just took pictures of them.

The first postcard on the left is one of the variation with "Arial" font instead of the "Times New Roman" font most usually found on the "Unsere Waffen-SS" collection.

You can check the various websites that propose original postcards of those collections, you will notice the typical off white colour of the paper.

See You

Vince
                      Conserning the black and white image I've showed above (Eine SS-polizeidivision auf dem Vormarsch) I can't agree with you. From my point of view texts and runes are not badly printed and it's not a modern fake.
                      Sure I know these features, it's not my first ss-postcard. Sorry again for the link:
                      https://yadi.sk/d/2_kc0GAo3T7FX6/DSC01303.JPG

Comment

Hi,

to me the white cardboard you posted is not good at all.
                        But it is maybe your scanner that "bleached" the postcard ?

Is it (see picture below) this postcard on your big picture ?
                        Because if it is, then this is clearly your scanner that fooled us... Pictures are between than scans, the pink is hard to catch.
                        Can you take a picture of this postcard near another one ?

Nice collection you have !

I have a few additions questions for you :

- if i'm right you have the full "373" and "374" collections, using V1 and V2 postcards, mint or circulated right ? I counted 60 postcards. ^_^

- do you think that you can take front and black global pictures of your 8 V2 postcards (all in a same picture each time) ?

See You

Vince

PS : i'm reposting the complete collection picture of McSeam.
                        Attached Files

Comment

I have a few additions questions for you :

- if i'm right you have the full "373" and "374" collections, using V1 and V2 postcards, mint or circulated right ? I counted 60 postcards. ^_^

- do you think that you can take front and black global pictures of your 8 V2 postcards (all in a same picture each time) ?
                          Hi Vince,

- yes, you are right, there are all sixty.

- Front an back pictures of V2 cards you can find here: https://yadi.sk/d/e8oWcAen3Rk8gA

Regards,
                          McSeam.

Comment

Hi,

sorry for my late reply McSeam, and many thanks for your kind help !

I was able to confirm - for now - 22 (of the 60) models of the V2 "Arial" variation.

See you

Vince

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X