Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ID German vehicle, camoed (captured ?)

Hi all,

I would very much like to know what this vehicle is exactly ? The picture might be taken in Italy and the unit could be NSKK Transportgruppe Speer.
    I guess it is no German vehicle in the first place ? Maybe Italian ? See the camo.

All opinions are mostly welcome.

Thank you, Jens
    Attached Files

Hi

Interesting this is a cloth camo cover.
    sigpic

-=Always looking for French cadets infos at Shaw Field South Carolina 1944=-

Comment

It kind of looks like a table cloth print?

Comment

Hi all,

no its no cloth camo cover. In the original image you can clearly see that the sheme is sprayed on the metal surface. The corners of the armory are welded together.

Bests, Jens

Comment

Hi Jens,
          Just a guess, but some use was made in Italy of captured Bedford lorries with locally made armoured bodies. I believe these were used by Police and second-line forces, so NSKK would be quite possible. They seem to be armed, as yours, with Italian weapons. I only have one poor-quality shot of such a vehicle, but the camouflage and construction look very similar and the uniforms do appear to be NSKK "Speer". I am sure that there will be more photos and information on the forum.
          As I say, just a guess, but I think it could help.
          Regards,
          Kerry.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by kerryboo View Post
            Hi Jens,
            Just a guess, but some use was made in Italy of captured Bedford lorries with locally made armoured bodies. I believe these were used by Police and second-line forces, so NSKK would be quite possible. They seem to be armed, as yours, with Italian weapons. I only have one poor-quality shot of such a vehicle, but the camouflage and construction look very similar and the uniforms do appear to be NSKK "Speer". I am sure that there will be more photos and information on the forum.
            As I say, just a guess, but I think it could help.
            Regards,
            Kerry.

also I think this is the way : a armoured local work (Italy or Balkans for the Breda AA)

in fact, the rear part of the vehicle does not resemble any Italian armored car (standard or field workshop) or armoured truck that I know
            ciao Oriano

Comment

Wow, many thanks Kerry and Oriano for your help.

That vehicle you poisted seems indeed a quite close match. Iam sure it is some sort of these. Also the unit seems to be NSKK Speer so quite possible.

Many thanks for your help

Jens

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 9,731 at 02:37 PM on Today.

Working...
              X