Looking for Shoulder strap numbers I.D.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for Shoulder strap numbers I.D.

I know nothing of this photo, only that a friend asked if I could identify the numbers on the strap..If anyone can hazard a guess/throw some light on the person in the photo or strap numbers..Appreciate any response...

Quite the striking decorated young veteran. Even enlarged the numbers are difficult to make out and when I am home (or someone else) looking at numbers I have extras of it may make it easier to solve the problem. Wouldn't bother guessing so far.

Comment

Originally posted by pauke View Post
      Quite the striking decorated young veteran. Even enlarged the numbers are difficult to make out and when I am home (or someone else) looking at numbers I have extras of it may make it easier to solve the problem. Wouldn't bother guessing so far.
      Appreciated, pauke...

Comment

The numbers on shoulder board, are they just numbers as it appears in photo, or does it contain a symbol too, any ideas..

Comment

Comment

Thanks for that Gran Sasso, is that an educated guess, or an understanding of the numerals..

Comment

I am seeing 197, if so an interesting unit. It later became Schwere Pz. Jag. Abt. 653 (Ferdinands and later Jagdtigers).

Comment

I believe it reads "19-" and could well be a "7" at the end. No other symbols other than digits.

Comment

Thanks guys, much appreciated. 197 was my guess, but wasn't sure of the middle numeral as it looked odd. maybe your right, 197 we,ll call it then.
                  Last edited by woodie; 12-31-2017, 02:36 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 9,961 at 05:23 PM on Today.

Working...
                  X