AH signed photo - original or fake?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AH signed photo - original or fake?

Hi, Gentlemen I have the question about this Adolf Hitler signed photo- Its original?
    Or another fake?

Link:

https://chicago.craigslist.org/sox/c...438022105.html

Thank you for any help.

Regards

Robert

Originally posted by corporal077 View Post
    Hi, Gentlemen I have the question about this Adolf Hitler signed photo- Its original?
    Or another fake?

Link:

https://chicago.craigslist.org/sox/c...438022105.html

Thank you for any help.

Regards

Robert
    I personally find that "H" quite odd, but I am by no means an authority on any signature. I am however also looking for an AH signature myself and picked up a book called "Signatures of the Third Reich", which has some signature examples for Hitler. I'll post a few from 1940 (as the description states the document is from) and you can possibly judge for yourself, or wait for someone more knowledgeable.

(sorry for the glare, but I figure the "H" is most relevant)
    Attached Files

Comment

This example would not find its way into the collection of an experienced autograph collector.
      Max.

Comment

Hi,

there is a few fails in this ad imo, not counting the signature itself...

1) the seller imply that the picture came with the envelope.
        This is most probably wrong : the envelope was authenticated on February 9, 2015, when the picture was authenticated on December 22, 2016, two years later ! This is just non-sense, it is easy to see that the envelope is more probably legit, but the picture is bogus and was added later to "pimp" the envelope.
        Why the two items were not authenticated at the same time ?

2) The picture is showing Hitler at his desk at the Berghof. It was taken by Heinrich Hoffmann in 1936 (a few pictures of this photo sessions were used).
        The major flaw here is that there is no copyright from Hoffmann, which is just non-sense knowing the love of Germany for copyrights.
        Also i do not know of "larger" model for this picture, and we may suspect that no UV test was made on it (nota : it should be noted that post-war printed items can get a "negative" UV response, i will make a report on a French post-war set of repro WWII flyers that are quite amazing).
        Please note that the shot used is more complete than the cropped version made for few postcard variations.

3) At last, it seemed that Hitler stopped making "personal" autographs after the start of the war (he did some during troops inspections). I find it very strange to get only an non dated picture without any letter from someone of the Chancellery...

I'm reposting the pictures for the WAF archives.

See You

Vince
        Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

And above all it s craigslist...
                sigpic

-=Always looking for French cadets infos at Shaw Field South Carolina 1944=-

Comment

Thank you very much Gentlemen.

Regards

Robert

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X