Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rommel Signed Postcard Opinion Please

New member here, first post.

I have been actively looking for a Rommel signed picture/postcard among a few other military figures. Along with my interest in sports memorabilia, I have had an interest in obtaining certain signatures of military figures. I am less educated when it comes to military signatures, but am equally cautious when looking for them. Since we all know that the only way to know something is truly 100% authentic is to have it signed in person, first hand... having some kind of a legit money back guarantee or at the very least a Third Party Authentication to me adds peace of mind to a purchase.

I am finding that is not so readily the case when it comes to military autographs out there. So opinions are needed, after all it is ultimately opinions that determine buying/selling power.

Here is a pick of a Rommel signature on a Hoffman post card. It is used and postmarked mid WWII time. A note sent from a father to his son referencing the picture postcard of Rommel as an addition to his son's collection, etc. It does not indicate that the father obtained the signature prior to sending the card and that thought could be a given between the two of them. It could have been signed later on by Rommel or much more recently by somebody who found the postcard and thought it would make a good backdrop for a fake.
    Opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by fuzzybub; 12-24-2017, 10:51 AM.

Anybody?

Comment

Erwin Rommel signatures have been discussed at length here;

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...=rommel+signed

Regards Richard.
      Always looking for Luftwaffe Kampfflieger related document groups. In particular anything to Kampfgeschwader 2.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X