Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Briesen & Hitler in Poland

Hi guys

do you have a good feeling about this one ? A cut Agfa postcard.

Please give me your opinions as i really like this one i hope it's a good one !

thx
    Attached Files
    sigpic

-=Always looking for French cadets infos at Shaw Field South Carolina 1944=-

You find this photo more often:

https://www.google.de/search?q=von+b...CBqaoMntSC1TM:

https://www.google.de/search?q=von+b...7_0ZfojeT31xM:

Gerdan

Comment

indeed but i need opinions about the paper...original or not please
      sigpic

Comment

More of the back.
        Attached Files
        sigpic

Comment

I wouldn't be a fan of that one. The handwriting looks new but intended to look old, dont like the way it's cropped or the overall look of it. If its inexpensive and fills a gap then fine ...otherwise I'd skip that one.

Comment

ouch...ok thx
            sigpic

Comment

Hi,

as far i know, the picture was taken by Hoffmann, so this is obviously a post-war unofficial reprint.

More about the event here :

https://forum.axishistory.com//viewtopic.php?t=208172

On September 11, 1939 Hitler did another front visit in the area of Tomaszów, southeast of ŁÃ³dź by plane and car. Afterwards he went back to Illnau. On September 13, 1939 AH left Illnau to go to ŁÃ³dź by plane and car. In the afternoon he went to Gogolin, where his Sonderzug (special train) was. I think on this opportunity he paid a visit to General v. Briesen.

Keitel recalled: The fourth occasion was a visit to my friend General von Briesen (30th Infantry Division) who had been in the middle of the weakly-defended flank of Blaskowitz's army and had, with just his one division, beaten back a mass break-out attempt by a cut-off Polish army in a bitter struggle against enormous odds. Only the Führer's authority had sufficed to get us through to this headquarters position, well within range of the enemy's guns. In a schoolroom von Briesen, whose left forearm had been shot away in the battle, outlined to him the developing fight his division had put up during the hard and bloody days of the battle. Asked about his injury, he confessed he had led his last reserve battalion into action himself. As we made our way back from the command post, which was inaccessible except on foot, Hitler said to me: That is a real Prussian general of the Royal school. You can’t have enough soldiers like him. He’s a man after my own heart. Before today is over I want him to be the first divisional commander to get the Knight's Cross. He has saved Blaskowitz's army by his gallantry and drive..

Source: In the service of the Reich. The Memoirs of Field-Marshal Keitel.
              Auf den Straßen des Sieges !
              http://www.hitlerpages.com/pagina42.html
              Mit Hitler in Polen. Dr. Hoffmann.
              Hitler’s War and The War Path. David Irving.
              12 orig.Fotos: Adolf Hitler im Hauptquatier Groß Born. http://www.militaria-depot.de/

See You

Vince

Comment

Thx mate
                sigpic

Comment

ok one last shot before going to war and ask a refund....i need your opinions with these good quality pictures please
                  Attached Files
                  sigpic

Comment

last one
                    Attached Files
                    sigpic

Comment

Are there any tests i can do ?
                      sigpic

Comment

Hi,

do you have an UV light ?

I can already said that :
                        - the back of the "postcard" is imo fakely printed
                        - the side are even badly cut
                        - the signature is made with a modern felt pen

See you

Vince

Comment

hi

thank you again for these details....no i don't have one.
                          Last edited by H.W Plainview; 12-21-2017, 10:27 AM.
                          sigpic

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X