VirtualGrenadier

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Luftwaffe JG 1 Pilot Identification Assistance...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luftwaffe JG 1 Pilot Identification Assistance...

Long shot here, but can anyone make a positive ID on this JG 1 Me 109 Pilot ???

Full photo shows his black colored, early model Me 109 with a two colored "7" (possibly white / red ??) on the black fuselage.
    Attached Files

hello

maybe the same plane here

http://thirdreichcolorpictures.blogs...tt-bf-109.html
    Attached Files
    sigpic

-=Always looking for French cadets infos at Shaw Field South Carolina 1944=-

Comment

Hi HW,

Thankx for this, but it is not the same 109. My photo shows a solid black, early model 109 with a slightly different style of "7" than your photo shows.

Comment

In another WAF thread I started about this photo, it has been suggested that the Pilot pictured may possibly be Heinz Bar.

Considering that this photo originated from a 1. / JG51 Photo Album - that was unfortunately ripped apart and sold piecemeal - there is a very real possibility that this is indeed Heinz Bar (there definitely is a resemblance).

Can anyone confirm that Bar indeed flew a black colored, early model Me 109 with a white outlined (possibly) red "7" on the fuselage while he was with 1. / JG 51 ???

I'm really looking forward to a positive ID on this Pilot and any help / leads would be most appreciated

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X