Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deutsche Jägerschaft Document signed by Goering

Good day folks

This is an Ehrenurkunde awarded to a Wilhelm Schünemann of Hamburg by the Reichsjägermeister Hermann Goering for shooting achievements in the Deutsche Jägerschaft.

It appears to be on some sort of skin, would that be vellum? It also appears to have been hand written. It has not been stored particularly well and the black spots on the back look like some sort of mould. Also you can see in the photo that there is some sort of water damage along the bottom.

Firstly, do you think that this is an original Ehrenurkunde and secondly, Could the signature of Goering be original?

In the photo of the signature it looks as thought a mistake was made in the writing of Reichsjägermeister and it has been scratched out and re written below. This is not immediately apparent when you look at the document and only becomes obvious in the photo.

What do you think?

It came with lots of photos including letters and a telegram from Berlin.

Poorly translated thus:

Certificate of Honor
    Mr. Wilhelm Schünemann Hamburg
    Awarded in recognition of special shooting achievements, the shooting of a huntable deer in the state territories.

Reichsjägermeister
    Berlin 16 May 1939

Many thanks for your comments.

Regards

James
    Attached Files
    Collecting NSDAP collar tabs
    Kupuję medale i odznaki z Polskie sily Zbrojne Na Zachodzie 1939/47 - Polish Army in Exile badges
    Seeking Soldbuch or any information relating to Dr. Werner Zwingelberg

showing the back of the document, definately some sort of skin/vellum.
    Attached Files
    Kupuję medale i odznaki z Polskie sily Zbrojne Na Zachodzie 1939/47 - Polish Army in Exile badges

Comment

I've tried to take the signature from different angles. It also looks as though the signature was applied after the mistake was corrected
      Attached Files

Comment

I think the document appears to be hand done. What do you think?
        Attached Files

Comment

Some more of the signature in a different light with a different camera.
          Attached Files

Comment

The whole thing again
            Attached Files

Comment

And I think this telegram refers to the achievement for which the certificate was awarded.

Best Hamburger to date with 30 points in my class = Wilhelm

In stag shooting terms the 30 points may refer to the points on the antlers. If it does then 30 points is a massive set of antlers so a huge deer. In the UK a stag with a head of 10 to 14 points can be referred to as a royal, whilst a double royal denoted 20 points and a triple royal 30 points. I'm sure some of our German experts will be able to clarify this.

date is hard to make out but I'm pretty sure it is 1939
              Attached Files

Comment

Anyone got any comments on the signature?

Thanks

James

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X