Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Annotation in a copy of Mein Kampf

Good day folks

What do you make of this inscription on the photo page of a copy of Mein Kampf?

Leaving the usual facsimile of the AH signature out of it the inscription seems to say Von Adolph Hitler to ...... does anyone recognise the signature or name of the person it was supposedly given to? I very much doubt that the inscription is in AH's own hand.

Also what is the significance of the number below? 11954. Service number perhaps?

Many thanks

James
    Attached Files
    Collecting NSDAP collar tabs
    Kupuję medale i odznaki z Polskie sily Zbrojne Na Zachodzie 1939/47 - Polish Army in Exile badges
    Seeking Soldbuch or any information relating to Dr. Werner Zwingelberg

Looks like it is Kaltenbrunner (SS Obergruppenführer maybe)

Cesky

Comment

I agree with cesky67 but it is written " Kalten Brunner..". The correct name is "Kaltenbrunner"

and no German would write the name in such a strange way.

Gerdan

Comment

This should be the signature of Kaltenbrunner

https://www.google.de/search?q=unter...=1509728171967

Gerdan

Comment

Thanks folks.

It looks as though someone is trying to suggest that this book belonged to SS Obergruppenführer Ernst Kaltenbrunner but has written the name incorrectly.

I wonder if the number is supposed to be his service number? Is there an easily accessible list of SS numbers? Kaltenbrunner's number was 13,039

Als I did wonder if an SS Officer (or mann for that matter) would write SS rather than the in the blitzen style.

Thanks for your comments so far.

James
          Last edited by JamesT; 11-03-2017, 01:04 PM.
          Kupuję medale i odznaki z Polskie sily Zbrojne Na Zachodzie 1939/47 - Polish Army in Exile badges

Comment

According to Bernie Brulé's "The Key," there was never an SS officer who held the number 11954 (or 11554, for that matter). Of course, there were obviously SS members of the enlisted ranks who held both of those numbers, but those records are not directly available. Also, Ernst Kaltenbrunner's NSDAP Membership Number was 300179, so that would appear to eliminate him altogether.

Br. James

Comment

This is an unfortunate attempt someone made to make this appear to be something it is not.

Comment

This is horrible.

Comment

Originally posted by Priedel78 View Post
                  This is horrible.
                  Exactly. I'm not even close to any kind of expert on AH signatures, and I could spot this as bad a mile away.

best
                  H
                  Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
                  ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

11.9.54==11. September 1954?
                    Festina lente!

Comment

Thanks folks

Of course the obvious translation of the number is a date. Thanks for pointing that out.

Thanks all for your comments.

James

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 9,753 at 04:21 PM on Today.

Working...
                      X