Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Q re Feldpost groups storage & display

Hi all,

Wondering if anyone has any company recommendations for storing & displaying Feldpost groups ? I already have them digitised so this is more for display and bookshelf-reference purposes.

I've maybe 30 x different groups that vary in size from 1 x postcard in one lot, to other groups that contain a couple of hundred multi-page letters.

There are maybe 5 or 6 large-ish (25 - 200 letters/postcards) groups the rest are smaller (3 - 15 letters/postcards).

I'm looking for a way to store them where you can display the envelope on one side (front and back) and the folded out letter on the other side. Some kind of modular mix and match way of putting them together chronologically. I am thinking keep the small groups in one big volume and the other groups in dedicated volumes.

Has to be an acid-free safe storage solution that is affordable & modular in the way it's put together.

Preferably from a company that other people have experience of buying from and know the 'in-hand' quality of their product. Has to be a company that you can buy from now and still buy from in 5 yrs time. I would be interested to hear how others do this from either document, postcard or Feldpost collectors.
    Thanks for checking!
    Gerard

Hi Gerard,

Like you I collect a lot of feldpost, postcards, ausweis etc; currently have 50+ albums.
    Check out the "Collecting System" range of products at your nearest large branch of W H Smiths.
    Ring pull binders in a range of colours, a dozen different refill pages for various sized items, and W H Smith branded poly-pockets can be mixed and matched to display your feldpost etc.
    All acid free as well, at a resonable price!
    Hope this helps,

Best wishes,

John.

Comment

That looks perfect - thanks !

Comment

Have a look at the UK based collection storage company Arrowfile ( www.arrowfile.com ). They have a very large range of collection folders and different types of storage sleeves.

Comment

I use material for philatelists free of chemical softening agents.... especially the first day cover (FDC) binders .... they are of so many types, the cheap ones for the feldposts, the more cared for (with slipcase) for the postcards ....

Comment

Thanks for the info & recommendations, very helpful

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
            X