Field Marshal Kuchler Signed Document

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Field Marshal Kuchler Signed Document

Can anyone tell me what kind of document this is? Is there any value to it, I will probably just keep it unless I can trade it for something I could use.
    Attached Files

This document from Generalfeldmarshall Georg von Klücher reads as a Letter of Commendation; it translates as follows:

"I would like to express my full appreciation to you for brave and cold-blooded bombshells on Wolossovo on August 31, 1942.

"In the last minute, you have been able to extinguish a railway wagon loaded with 400 grenades and already burning. By this act, you have removed one of the troops and the station Wolossovo threatening danger."

The city of Wolossovo is located in the area of Leningrad.

Br. James

Comment

It looks like 3./Feldzeug Bataillon 24 kept their cool during a Russian bombardment and managed to save the railway station by dealing with a wagon loaded with shells.

An interesting document, though it would be good to see it out of the frame.

Michael

Comment

Originally posted by Br. James View Post
        This document from Generalfeldmarshall Georg von Klücher reads as a Letter of Commendation; it translates as follows:

"I would like to express my full appreciation to you for brave and cold-blooded bombshells on Wolossovo on August 31, 1942.

"In the last minute, you have been able to extinguish a railway wagon loaded with 400 grenades and already burning. By this act, you have removed one of the troops and the station Wolossovo threatening danger."

The city of Wolossovo is located in the area of Leningrad.

Br. James
        With greatest respect, couple of minor clarifications -

He's commended for his bravery and cold-blooded response (in this sense, staying cool and calm in the face of extreme danger) during an enemy air raid...

and he prevented a troop quarters from being destroyed.

best,
        H
        Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
        ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Thanks for the clarification of vernacular usage, Hank! Very helpful in understanding this document.

Cheers,

Br. James

Comment

Thanks for the help. I thought about trading it, but I got it for a fair price so I think I might keep it. It's an interesting piece of history.

Comment

Originally posted by twoodson412 View Post
              Thanks for the help. I thought about trading it, but I got it for a fair price so I think I might keep it. It's an interesting piece of history.
              Agreed. A nice addition to any collection especially at a decent price.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X