No announcement yet.

Group from 15 panzer division

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks a lot, very nice little group you have. I love when you have photos to put a face to a name. With Africa documents is difficult as all Soldbuchs from those KIA or POW has no photo.

I love the one with the EK II just received.

Angel
    Looking for DKiG Heer winner Soldbuch who also won the TDB and/or CCC, specially in Silver.

Comment

Hello !

Very nice group of an interesting and uncommon unit !

This unit was Heerestruppe, and likely under HQ Art.Rgt. 221 in 1941.
      I think the signature on the VWA(schw.) is from Oberst Helmut Fürguth,
      DKiG (29.01.42) and RK (28.07.42), while he was in Afrika as Kdr. of HQ Art.Rgt. 221.

On 21.Nov. 1941, Beob.Bttr.(Pz.) 326, was located at different positions, East and
      South of Tobruk. After the start of the Allied offensive, the unit came under
      heavy arty fire and had to face air attacks as well, which might have caused his wounding.
      The unit was torn apart but was able to reassemble at El Adem on 5.12.41. After that, it
      had to retreat via Gazala, Bengasi to El Agheila.

From April 1942 onward, it was firmly attached to Art.Rgt 33 and renamed as Pz.Beob.Bttr. 33
      and shared the way of 15. Pz.Div.
      On 12. May, 1943 the unit went into captivity.
      (Info and map from Froben, Aufklärende Artillerie).

Best regards,

Archi
      Attached Files

Comment

Archi I'm shocked ,

So GREAT map from this unit !

Many Thanks for Reply and a lot interesting Information .

About VWA is very possible to this documet was signed by Oberst Helmut Fürguth .

Thank You !

Comment

Originally posted by Angel Farré View Post
          Thanks a lot, very nice little group you have. I love when you have photos to put a face to a name. With Africa documents is difficult as all Soldbuchs from those KIA or POW has no photo.

I love the one with the EK II just received.

Angel
          Hi

I too very like when too documents belong period photos , then can we creary see how it all looks like . Here on photos are numbers , possibles was more photos , but i have only this one .

Anyway thank you for help , it was pleasure to my share this small group .

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
          X