Df and il duce review ss-d'land band

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Df and il duce review ss-d'land band

so I've acquired 2 images about 7x 9 1/4, white borders, made during M's visit to germany in '38 I think. (DF still wears armband).

I want to discuss one of the 2 fotos now. it depicts M and DF reviewing standarte deutschland bandsmen in black uniforms and m35 helms.

a couple things seem interesting to me: 1) that the big bass drum has a giant 'TK - deutchland,' whereas I thought the skull was reserved for death-head units;

and 2) that the image is printed on glossy, faintly-textured AGFA-BROVIRA paper that's thicker than usually seen in my experience -- granted I'm no robert noss far from it!

the picture(s) are in immaculate condition, with no yellowing, cracking emulsion or silver-leaching white haze - leading me to think they're postwar enlargements made on wartime agfa paper ('afga' and 'brovira' each have a single line underneath fwiw.)

sorry - cut off part.

I'm trying to learn if the picture is rare. I can find it nowhere else. as for the bass drum with TK all I could find was an off- duty D-land bandsman and he was in field-gray (maybe I'll try the bundesarchiv). there are no photographer's or press agency marks or typed captions etc.
    when I learn water-marking I'll put it up here. meantime, all comments and insights welcome, thanks!

Comment

1937, actually. cropped pic showing drum
      Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X