X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Silver Wound badge Document for Review

Dear all

just not so sure about this document.
    It was not stamped and signed by pencil...

is it a good one please?
    thanks
    Attached Files

I'm not a fan of it, as you say, no stamp, the signature and i also question a wounding 1 march 1940, not impossible, but highly unusual.

Seems like an odd one to fake though.
    Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon O. View Post
      I'm not a fan of it, as you say, no stamp, the signature and i also question a wounding 1 march 1940, not impossible, but highly unusual.

Seems like an odd one to fake though.
      Agree with Simon...maybe in-hand to get a feel for the paper itself.

And you know how it is Simon, it takes about 5 minutes to make something like this (especially with no stamp). Even with an obscure unit to make it harder to trace, it could be passed along for $20-30 as a "Silver" wound. And $20-30 for 5 minutes work is good money - if a person is unscrupulous.

best
      Hank
      Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
      ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Personally I think it's good. A supply unit is rarely faked. I like the hole punches. Good imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Wiking44 View Post
          Personally I think it's good. A supply unit is rarely faked. I like the hole punches. Good imo.
          The question is - and I truly don't know the answer - would it be abbreviated "Nchsch"? And if he's in a supply unit (more or less behind the lines), he'd have to have intolerably bad luck to be wounded 3 times!

But you could well be correct! Just posting questions that come to mind...

all the best
          hank
          Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.

Comment

Hank is right. Of course his previous woundings can have come from other units but that 1 march 40 wound really intrigues me.
            Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Dear all
              thanks for your comments.
              just a stupid question: why wounded date 1 March 40 looks weird to you please?
              anything wrong on this date please?

also the paper is a little bit thick, most likely EK1 or EK2 document thickness quality..

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by ERIC LIN View Post
                Dear all
                thanks for your comments.
                just a stupid question: why wounded date 1 March 40 looks weird to you please?
                anything wrong on this date please?

also the paper is a little bit thick, most likely EK1 or EK2 document thickness quality..

thanks
                I may be off, but I don't believe there was much going on in Mar '40 for a supply guy to be wounded (ground action, that is).

http://www.historyofwar.org/public_h...940_03_01.html

best
                Hank

Comment

Originally posted by Hank C. View Post
                  The question is - and I truly don't know the answer - would it be abbreviated "Nchsch"? And if he's in a supply unit (more or less behind the lines), he'd have to have intolerably bad luck to be wounded 3 times!

But you could well be correct! Just posting questions that come to mind...

all the best
                  hank
                  I can't say that I've seen NchSch specifically used. It stands for Nachschub of course. I'm not certain that there was a standard for abbreviations in the field. Some schlep admin typed this up and probably did what he thought would work.

As they say, if you can't prove it is a fake then it must be an original. I'll give you $20 for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Hank C. View Post
                    I may be off, but I don't believe there was much going on in Mar '40 for a supply guy to be wounded (ground action, that is).

http://www.historyofwar.org/public_h...940_03_01.html

best
                    Hank
                    Valid point. I looked up Nachschub Kollonnen Abteilung 903 and it wasn't even stood up until May 1940. This would indicate that he was wounded in some other unit.

It is possible that he got injured on March 1st, 1940 while participating in the 'Sitzkrieg' along the French border as part of another unit.

I have seen these with both a doctor and the unit commander signing them so there's no help there.

Not sure really, but in my completely novice opinion I think it's a good one. Would I pay big money for it? No. But I can't prove it's fake and it seems to have all the indications of being original - especially with some no-name Captain signing it. If it were signed by Heinz Guderian I would be concerned.

Comment

Dear All

thank you for your comments here.
                      Here I am offering two more document to the same person,
                      maybe it could possibly enlight your thought.

I feel weird to below document as well.
                      This is one copy of promotion notice.
                      The man promoted from Feldwebel to Lieutenant.
                      The date was the same date as his first wounded day. 1.3.1940.
                      Unit in Kw Trip.Rgt.616 (His Previous Unit?)
                      Attached Files

Comment

And The more I can't connect is the group has one KVK2 document.

The date is 15, July, 1940, marked in his previous rank as Feldwebel?
                        (But his Lieutenant promotion was on 1. March 1940)
                        was it possible a date or rank typo??
                        Attached Files

Comment

You didn't say the Silver wound badge was part of a group.

Clearly the SWB Document is original and so are the other documents.

Das Kraftwagen-Transport-Regiment 616 was raised on 26 August, 1939 with three detachments for large transportation. It was part of the 12th and 6th Armies, both of whom were on the Western Front in March 1940.

As far as his injury being the same date as his promotion, I'm sure it is simply coincidence. He would not have been notified about his promotion until later - in this case June of 1940.

I think the grouping is completely legitimate and have no issues with its authenticity.

As far as the rank on his document - it would be the rank he held at the time of the award. Likely he was put in for it when he was still a Feldwebel - possibly for actions on the day he was injured.
                          Last edited by Wiking44; 09-11-2017, 11:39 AM. Reason: Adding data

Comment

Also, note the holes in all three documents. I'll bet they line up just perfectly.

Next time you post a document that is part of a grouping, please post all of them.

We were all going on the notion that this was an individual document. The fact that it is part of a set pretty much clears up whether they are authentic or not.

Comment

Hi Wiking44
                              thanks for your sharing.
                              learnt a lot!

happy with those comments

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X