Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

12th SS order sheet Kurt Meyer

Hi all,
    As a relatively newbie on WAF could I please have some advice on the following item.
    It is an order document from August 1944 signed by the famous Kurt Meyer.
    I was wondering if the document looks real, the signature is real and the current collector to collector market value of such an item.
    I have it quiet some time and always imagined it to be real.
    Many thanks
    Barry

Pictures would help
    Attached Files

Comment

More
      Attached Files

Comment

Last picture
        Attached Files

Comment

All help appreciated

Comment

Any thoughts on this order report yet?
            Is mise
            Barry

Comment

Hi All,
              I appear to have WAF stumped with my request
              Can anyone help me with this signature and item?
              Thanks
              Barry

Comment

Does it look real? Yes. IMO it does.

Is the signature real? I don't see anything wrong with it based on other original examples of Kurt Meyer's signature from this period. While it's not the strongest of his signatures it does have good hallmarks of his signature.

As to current collector to collector market value of such an item: Well one of our dealer members here sold a signed photo of him for €449. That was a wartime signed photo.

Given that this is a wartime historical document directly related to 12th SS-Panzerdivision with Kurt Meyer's own breakdown of specific units with locations listed during the battle for Normandy I think it's priceless. You'll absolutely regret letting go.

You do realize the very next day Kurt Meyer was awarded Oakleaves and Swords to his Knights Cross on 27 August 1944?

You do realize that only 10 days after signing this document Kurt Meyer was captured on 6 September 1944?

Value is what someone will pay. After 35 years of buying and selling you can assign a price but the value is what someone will actually pay.

Im sure you will have no problem selling it.
                Last edited by Lloyd I.; 08-01-2017, 04:43 PM.

Comment

Hi Lloyd,

Many many many thanks for that information. I must admit to not knowing any of the extra facts that you kindly spent your time listing on your reply.
                  This is the reason I joining WAF.
                  Sadly I must also admit to also having the item put away with very little time to research it. Maybe I should pass it on to someone who would appreciate its historical value more.

Is mise
                  Barry

Comment

Barry,

Hopefully I helped some. I apologize if my post came across as snarky. Not my intent. You loose so much on posts. Fabulous document.

Comment

Hi Lloyd,

Snarky? No way.
                      Informative. Yes absolutely.
                      Your reply was exactly the information I had hoped for and am glad now I paid a little over the odds for the document in the first place. I am forever in your debt my friend.
                      I would imagine that this would be one of Kurt Meyers last signed documents of WW2 whilst a serving commander. Or at least one of he last set of documented orders?

Is mise
                      Barry

Comment

Hi All,

Any more opinions on the accompanying document. All opinions welcome as always

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X