Grouping with formal DKiG document

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grouping with formal DKiG document

About 6 months ago, I bought several items attrbuted to Oberstleutnant Kurt Budde. He was awarded the German Cross in Gold on february 21st, 1942 while commanding 11. / I.R 109 / 35. ID.

The grouping included his formal DKiG document, feldbluse, two cartoons full of Feldpost, two photos, several small documents and a book about his company dedicated to Budde's wife from the author, Alfred Gutenkunst

The DKiG document came with it's original envelope, cardboard stiffeners and a letter informing his father about the nature of the document.
    Everything looks ok by me, but opinions are always appreciated.

DKiG document + cardboard + envelope

Comment

Letter to his father: (Edited, to make it more readable)

Comment

More paper items from the grouping:

Comment

Feldpost. Most of these are between Budde and his wife, Alice. Correspondence is from 1939, until his death in 1944.

Comment

His tunic, as commander IR 34. Condition is not the best, but it is what it is. Also, first time I have seen holes for a screwback IAB on a tunic.

Comment

Document from Fritz Rögelein to Alice Budde, describing the circumstances about his death. This is a postwar document, but still very interesting to me.

Comment

Page 2, letter from Friedrich Rögelein (Full name and address of soldier removed)

Comment

I don't have enough experience with DKiG documents to comment on its originality, however this does look like a stunning collection!

Regards,
                  Michael

Comment

Some small items found in the pockets of the tunic:

Comment

Several years ago, I had a discussion with member 708.V.G.D. He sold me on the idea that when the family had kept a large part of the lot, there was a good chance they had more. Just common sense, and we both knew pickers / dealers often split the lots up.

So, I contacted Lionel some months later, asking him if he knew anything about this nachlass. Turns out, he had bought several photos from Budde earlier. I was able to purchase what he had available. 114 photos, mitgliedskaret to the kleiderklasse and 2-3 small documents:

Comment

Couple of weeks later, and I was able to pick up a pair of his shoulderboards from his time in IR 109, from a seperate source in Germany:

Comment

The collector who sold me the shoulder straps had been in contact with Ms. Budde years ago, and knew about the grouping. He remembers taht the award documents + awards where once part of the grouping, as well as two swords (One to Johann Budde and one to Kurt Budde).

Looking for help in reuniting as much as this as possible. If anyone knows anything about the whereabouts of the rest of the grouping, please contact me!

That's all for now, thanks for looking

Comment

Originally posted by Lutfen View Post
                            I don't have enough experience with DKiG documents to comment on its originality, however this does look like a stunning collection!

Regards,
                            Michael
                            Thanks, Michael

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X