Kubanshild Award Doc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kubanshild Award Doc.

I have a friend that recently purchased an Kuban Shield award Doc. That he claims is very rare??? I am not convinced of the authenticity because it's dated April 17th ,1944. I haven't yet seen the actual document and I'm not sure I ever will as the new owner isn't that sharp with scanning ect. My research and knowledge of this award was that the German and Romainian troops withdrew across the Straights of Kerch and Kuban fell to the Soviet troops on October 9th ,1943. Therefore I was a little reluctant to hear that his was dated April 17, 1944, not that unreaonable of a time frame. Any information as to how late into 1944 this award was awarded would be appriciated.
    Thanks in Advance
    Joe

What we do in life ehoes in eternity.

Joe-

Here is the KUBANSHILD doc I used to have. The date is January 10, 1944. I wouldn't necessarily doubt a doc from April as campaign awards were, many times, awarded over substantial periods of time.

Brian
    Attached Files

Comment

Typical American mistake! It is actually dated 1.10.1944 which is 1 October!!!!
      I wonder how many of our US friends have disgarded things due to the date, because you think it is too early or possibly fake!!!! Not that it is wrong just that you read it the wrong way round to Europe!!!!!

/Ian

P.S. Two that I have to hand at the moment are dated 1.9.1944, 12.5.1944
      Last edited by Ian Jewison; 09-20-2002, 03:03 AM.
      Photos/images copyright © Ian Jewison collection

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

Yes Ian thts right....is the 1.Oktober 1944..

Comment

nice Kubanshield docs

Hello,

Joseph can you show us pictures ? i like also the Kubanshield ( in fact i love any official shield ) and it is a somehow harder one to find IMHO , try for example to find a good picture with a soldier wearing the Kubanshield .

Cordial Greetings,
          my collectionfield : German glider pilots

http://users.skynet.be/lw-glider/

Comment

Whoops!!!

I know that about the dates too - I just had a serious brain cramp.

Thanks guys.

Brian

Comment

a few more

Hello,

Here is another Kubanshield award document from the collection of Walther Sp. , thanks Walter for sharing ( i let you comment )

Cordial Greetings,
              Attached Files
              my collectionfield : German glider pilots

http://users.skynet.be/lw-glider/

Comment

As I stated in the beginning of the thread, the prospects of getting a pic. of this doc. is slim as a result of the owner not being versed in scanning ect.. An evaluation of the actual time frame is what I was after and I think it’s safe to say that the Kubanshild was awarded until the later half of 1944 . Thanks guys for taking the trouble to post the pics. As well as your feedback. I am where I wanted to be as far as the awarding of the Shild.
                Thanks
                Well Done as Usual
                Joe
                What we do in life ehoes in eternity.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X