What kind of tank is this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What kind of tank is this?

Can someone tell me the exact type of tank this is? It looks like a Panther to me, but I am not certain.

Rick

...how about these?
    Attached Files

Comment

Both are Panzer IV. The first one shows an <i>Ausf&uuml;hrung</i> F (<i>lang</i>), the second one shows an F(<i>kurz</i>) or an E (as exhaust muffler indicates) and another F(<i>lang</i>).

Comment

Yep, Both Panzer IVs - although I couldn't go into the types like Akira can!

Interesting camo netting (?) on the first tank of the second photo, was this commen?

Comment

Thats two Tank IV one version F1(small 7,5cm Kanone) the other Version F2 (long 7,5 cm Kanone)....with the
          the round muzzle breake.....The second picture see to me who Kursk.....

Comment

Thanks guys!

Rick

Comment

Well, Tommy's most correct; actually writing from memory sometimes ruins your reputation... F2 (or G, redesignated later) has a long (L/43) gun and F (or F1, while F2 was in effect) has a short (L/24) gun.

Once upon a time we called tanks with single buffle muzzule brake "F2" and those with double buffle "G", but this is one of the things Mr. Jentz has us enlightened...

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X