Sturm Artillerie manner wrap pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sturm Artillerie manner wrap pics

Well since Black Wraps are in a category of their own. I would like to start one with Grey Wraps. There should be plenty of these photos as well.

Here are a few for starters...My friend Jim Pool has posted this one for me in a previous thread.

STURMART #1
    Attached Files

Sturmart #2
    Attached Files

Comment

Sturmart #3

Comment

Sturmart #4
        Attached Files

Comment

Sturmart #5
          Attached Files

Comment

Whoa!

Starting off this thread with a BIG BANG Bill & Jim! Field gray Berets, metal numbers on EM shoulder straps, slip unit # tabs on shoulder straps.....Neat stuff!!!
            I was going to post these two photos on the black Panzer uniform thread when
            I saw this thread had been started. These photos fall into the GRAY AREA between both black Panzer & field gray Sturmartillerie uniforms.
            These photos belonged to my late, great friend Johannes "Jo" Leonhardt who served with Panzergrenadier-Rgt. 64 and did a brief tour of duty with Begleitkompanie 16, 16. Panzer-Division. The Hauptfeldwebel of this Kompanie originally served in Panzer-Rgt. 2 (Hello STUPA216) and wore the rare and seldom seen white Panzer denim Panzer uniform. His jacket was a 1st pattern and the trousers were the second pattern with large thigh pocket.
            Two more photos of this NCO (for those who have not seen this before) appears on page 39 of our Field Uniforms of German Army Panzer Forces in World War 2 book.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Michael H. Pruett; 03-03-2005, 09:03 PM.

Comment

White Denim Panzer Wrap II

Notice that two of the NCOs in this shot wear field gray Sturmartillerie wraps.
              These men originally served in II./Panzergrenadier-Rgt. 64 and wore meadow green piping on their collar tabs and shoulder straps. Another interesting point is that the Hauptfeldwebel wearing the white uniform did not bother, even though he held the title of "Der Speiss" to apply the double NCO Tresse to his sleeves on this uniform.
              Attached Files

Comment

Here is one I found a few weeks ago. I meant to take it to the SOS, but forgot.
                Attached Files
                Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

My contribution...

Since I am not a panzer collector I was not able to contribute anything to the black panzer wrap thread. Fortunately, this thread appeared at least giving me an in to make some contributions. I can't offer much, but hopefully what I can provide will be of interest.
                  Jason

1. Gray Beret and blank collar tabs.

2. Gray wraps in an unknown GJ unit.

Comment

...and some LW related.

3. An officer in Panzerjäger-Abteilung 12 (L). Note that he is a LW officer in the battalion's staff company who stayed on board when the 12. Luftwaffen-Felddivision was transferred to the Heer. Somehow, he managed to get his hands on this Army wrap. The photo has some sort of damage which unfortunately messes it up a bit.

4. Last, but one of my favorites : a Sturmgeschütz commander from 6. Luftwaffen-Felddivision showing off his nice LW wrap...and his dog.

Comment

Mike,

Thanks! Great in between pics of other types of Panzer wraps! I'm not sure if you recall the pics Jim posted for me a ways back on Lt Koenig who had such a variety of wraps to include a camo wrap. I just recently sold the albums so I can no longer post any pics of them...they are on the way to a good home. Thanks for sharing your friends pics...I know they are special. Bill

Willi Great pic and thanks for sharing. Bill

Jason you make me jealous on the LWFD wrap pics!!! and I thought I was the only one who had a nice Grey beret pic!!! Thanks for sharing them. Bill

Here are a few more....STURMART #6
                      Last edited by W Petz; 03-04-2005, 05:53 AM.

Comment

Sturmart #7
                        Attached Files

Comment

Sturmart #8

Comment

Nice Photos

Gruß
                            Stefan

Comment

Stefan,

Thanks!! Here are a few more.....STURMART #9
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 6 users online. 0 members and 6 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X