Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Identifying Hitler's entourage

Hello all,

I own these two private shots of the man himself, and I am wondering which people can be identified. Am I correct that the person in the centre of the first photograph is Wilhelm Keitel?

Best regards,
    Paul
    Attached Files

Yes and Kesselring on the right....Hitlers Wehrmacht adjutant on left

Comment

Photo 1: The SS officer (with side cap) wearing the large leather holster and looking away from the camera, is Max Wünsche. On the extreme right looks like Heinrich Hoffmann. Keitel is facing Hitler. Just visible in this image is Albert Kesselring (with fur collar next to Wünsche) and Gerhard Engel (at Hitler's nose). Tall officer at rear is Walter Hewel.
      Photo 2: Gerhard Engel (2nd from left). Max Wünsche (2nd from right). Albert Kesselring (with fur collar).
      Max.

Comment

Thank you Max and Praubal. Seems like there are more present than I had expected. The photos belong to a Geschwader Hindenburg grouping, so they probably visited his airfield (likely around the Battle of Britain period(?)).

Comment

Originally posted by Paulus_Gun View Post
          Thank you Max and Praubal. Seems like there are more present than I had expected. The photos belong to a Geschwader Hindenburg grouping, so they probably visited his airfield (likely around the Battle of Britain period(?)).

Very nice picture actually. Could well be H is in his early wartime uniform and his Ju52 not his Condor in background

Comment

Originally posted by praubal View Post
            Very nice picture actually. Could well be H is in his early wartime uniform and his Ju52 not his Condor in background
            It's a 1939 photo, as indicated by the Sam Browne belts being worn.
            Max.

Comment

Originally posted by max history View Post
              It's a 1939 photo, as indicated by the Sam Browne belts being worn.
              Max.
              Nice observation. I did not know that.

This is a third photograph of the same scene, by the way. Hitler can be seen in the car.
              Attached Files

Comment

These images are now in my collection, and as I (finally) start to catalogue all of the images I wanted to ask whether any further individuals can be indentified in these 2 images at all?

I have marked those that have already been identified although, I am not quite sure which one Max had identified as Hewel?

With the 'Hitler Itinery' being published in English, I am hoping that it might be possible to date the images to a particular timeframe (there is always hope) or even a specific event/visit.

Any help whatsoever really will be very much appreciated.

Regards Richard.
                Attached Files
                Always looking for Luftwaffe Kampfflieger related document groups. In particular anything to Kampfgeschwader 2.

Comment

I think the man to Wuensche's right in the first photo is Hans Baur.

Comment

From right (1st photo): Heinrich Hoffmann, General Wilhelm Speidel, Max Wünsche, General Albert Kesselring and General Karl Bodenschatz.

Cheers,

Jaime

Comment

Originally posted by VtwinVince View Post
                      I think the man to Wuensche's right in the first photo is Hans Baur.
                      Originally posted by Jaime View Post
                      From right (1st photo): Heinrich Hoffmann, General Wilhelm Speidel, Max Wünsche, General Albert Kesselring and General Karl Bodenschatz.

Cheers, Jaime
                      Many thanks indeed to both of you for your help.

Comparing with other photos of Baur and Bodenschatz I must admit I am leaning towards the latter.

Thanks again.

Regards Richard.
                      Always looking for Luftwaffe Kampfflieger related document groups. In particular anything to Kampfgeschwader 2.

Comment

Poland, as Keitel, has no RK yet. Very nice photos. J

Comment

Originally posted by max history View Post
                          Tall officer at rear is Walter Hewel. Max.
                          Max, do you mean the man in the goggles as marked and looking to the right?

Regards Richard.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X