Fegelein autograph ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fegelein autograph ??

I have been asked by a mate to try and verify whether this is a genuine signature
    of Hermann Fegelein I have rummaged through numerous threads but badly need the help of those far better qualified to offer an opinion.Thanks for any help and Martin will also be grateful !!!!

Thanks Kyle
    Attached Files

The signature appears to agree in style with examples provided by Charles Hamilton and Emilie Caldwell Stewart. Interesting that this card includes three different ranks held by Fegelein on one document: the photo shows him wearing the rank of an SS-Standartenführer (Feb 1 42) and wearing the Knight's Cross (Mar 2 42); the photo's caption indicates his rank as SS-Oberführer which he attained on Dec 1 1942; and he has written his rank as SS-Brigadeführer und Generalmajor der W-SS, which he received on May 1 43. Quite a whirlwind of activity, and it wasn't over yet!

Cheers,

Br. James

Comment

Thanks

Cheers for that Br. James, yes I noticed the rank issue curious !

Comment

Originally posted by Kyle Harrington View Post
        Cheers for that Br. James, yes I noticed the rank issue curious !
        It's all caused by the difference between Allgemeine-SS and Waffen-SS ranks.
        BTW, I'd say the signature is authentic.
        Max.

Comment

Thanks gents

I appreciate your input gentlemen, fascinating character Hermann rumours that his red haired lover was a spy, highly decorated, perpetrator of war crimes, brave soldier saw the writing on the wall and tried to do a "Lord Lucan"

Comment

IMO an original sig.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
            X