No announcement yet.

interesting signpost photo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I knew you want to know about that, so I've given you a hint about that too in my photo... And it is a Korps sign, not a divisional sign. Time for homework

Comment

Originally posted by Akira Takiguchi
      I knew you want to know about that, so I've given you a hint about that too in my photo... And it is a Korps sign, not a divisional sign. Time for homework
      Akira I am not the sharpest shovel in the shed when it comes to this type of research . I see from the name on the upper part the photo is from an album belonging to a Sanis Man of the 30th ID. From the info I have the 30th was in the northern sector of the eastern front from June 41 thru December 41. The only Korp I could find that was in the vicinity of lake Llman, which is a little north of Straja-Russo, is the I korp which was there thru 41 at least. How close am I or did I blow it all together?

Comment

My contribution to this thread...

finis
        Last edited by seekwhence; 11-28-2005, 12:16 AM.

Comment

Seekwence, great photo! I just enjoy signpost photos... Her is another from me...
          Attached Files

Comment

finis
            Last edited by seekwhence; 11-28-2005, 12:13 AM.

Comment

and another. Don't know when it was taken...
              Attached Files

Comment

this one I take it is a sign stating that your entering the town of Minizo <spelling>... Neat photo has a recently destroyed truck in the midground
                Attached Files

Comment

Sometimes a special signpost was built by a unit that shows many location names that are related to the its home and march route (you may remember a famous one built by 5.Panzer-Division). It usually comes with its unit insignia.

Here is one that was seen in Ssimferopol - built by 22.Infanterie-Division from Bremen (see also http://www.historic.de/ run by a friend of mine).

Comment

Looks like I have forgotten to answer Mike's question.

It is the unit marking of X.Armeekorps - double "H" (which means Hansestadt Hamburg, says Schmitz/Thies) over ocean wave. By the way, X.Armeekorps also used <a href="http://www.history.jp/wehrmacht/001-10.jpg">this geometric sign</a> - "_|" in summer-autumn 1941.

Comment

finis
                      Last edited by seekwhence; 11-28-2005, 12:13 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X