WW2Treasures

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

German magazine collectors - Book bound or single issues?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

German magazine collectors - Book bound or single issues?

Hello fellow collectors!
    I have a question for all magazine collectors, I collect the Swedish issues of Bildtidningen Signal and would like to know out of a value point of view if

A year of single issues are worth the same as the same issues in in privately purchased book binding format. Same value, lower or higher?

For me the book binding is preferred as it keeps the magazines in an overall better condition. I recently bought a complete 1943 book of and sold my single issues for exactly the same price so just this one time the value seems to be the same.... but you never know with auctions.

My guess is that a single issue is considered unaltered and in some sense would fetch a better value but that maybe not true in the militaria collecting world compared to for example the comic book collectors view...

All opinions are welcome :-)

Best regards
    Bjorn
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Berra; 04-02-2017, 11:38 AM.

compared to this lot
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi,

usually collectors prefer unbounded issues...
      Bounded issues can be incomplete, hard to read and impossible to scan, and also some bounded issues are cut short, missing texts and pictures in the sides.
      And special inserts or Signal Extra may be missing.

See You

Vince

Comment

Hi Vince
        Thank you for the reply I think you makes some valid points and I will keep that in mind next time any gets up for sale.
        Lucky for me I already have all the extras :-)

IMO they are easier to read because of the hard cover

All the best
        Bjorn

Comment

Hi,

you're welcome.

Usually bounded Signal collections are "cheaper" than unbounded issues.

Another problem very specific to Signal is that collectors that bounded books may have used foreign issues to complete their book.

See You

Vince

Comment

All things being equal, I prefer the issues bound. As you say, Bjorn, if you are going to use the magazines or newspapers for reference, it's a lot less damaging to the pages to read though them when they are bound together. Also easier to store, easier to access a single issue without having to move the issues above it (if you keep them in a stack).
            Erich
            Festina lente!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
            X