Found....photo FJ Ramcke Brigade??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Found....photo FJ Ramcke Brigade??

Hello everyone, I've found this photo in a group of civilians images 40s....these soldiers could be the FJ Ramcke Brigade?
    I ask this because the machine is the "comet" symbol.
    Size cm.9,5x6,5cm.
    Thank you in advance.
    Regards
    Uwe
    Attached Files

kkk
    Attached Files

Comment

No , it is FJ Sturmregiment

Comment

What does the symbol of the comet?

Comment

Maybe Sturmabteilung Koch?

Comment

The Falling-Star/Comet Insignia was part of more than one unit in WW2. In different colours, of course we can't guess the colour of this one on the picture. But here some information on it:

- Sturm Regiment's 4 battalions became FJR12 as part of the 4th Fallschirmjäger Division.
            - Each of the 4 battalions had their own colour of Falling-Star/Komet (red, green, yellow and blue).
            - The 4th Fallschirmjäger Division also used the Falling-Star/Komet as it's Division Insignia (red and blue).
            - FJR5 used a black Falling-Star/Komet but also a white one (Depending on what kind of vehicle and what colour it had).
            - FJR6 was formed from IV./ LL Sturm Regiment, which fought in France in 1944.

I think if you search this forum, there was a thread on this Falling-Star/Komet a while ago, some Fallschirmjäger also had this Insignia on their Helmet

Comment

I believe that the picture was taken in northern Europe or Russia. Almost for sure not in Italy as the building type in the background is not common in my country.

Comment

Thank you all for the help.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Today.

Working...
                X