Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Krolloper December 1941 ?

Hi Guys

just got this superb press shot dated january 29th 1942.

i think it was taken in december 11th 1941, speech after pearl harbor attack.

his suit...medals, the SS visor at the bottom left really look like the Krolloper meeting in 1941.

what do you think guys ?

thank You.
    Attached Files
    sigpic

-=Always looking for French cadets infos at Shaw Field South Carolina 1944=-

Or not ?
    sigpic

Comment

To compare....
      Attached Files
      sigpic

Comment

I think you could be right, that the photo you've purchased was actually taken on 11/12/41, not on 29/1/42. The major question, of course, is: "Was the Reichstag in session on 29/1/42, and if so, did Hitler address it at that meeting?" I don't have an answer to that question, but someone here will hopefully know and will respond.

The number of people flanking the speaker's podium (situated below and directly in front of the Reichstag President's chair) changed over the years; in the early years of the NSDAP regime, two people flanked the speaker's podium, but later on four people were seated there, two on each side -- perhaps when the setting was enlarged from the single huge swastika to the Governmental Eagle motif as featured here? In this photo, to the speaker's (Hitler"s) right were seated, closest to the speaker, Dr. Hans Heinrich Lammers, Chief of the Reichschancellery, and to Lammers' right was Julius Schaub, Hitler's personal aid and Chief Adjutant to the Führer. To the speaker's left was Otto Dietrich, Chief of the Führer's Press Corps, and to Dietrich's left was Albert Bormann, Chief of Main Office 1 of the Führer's Private Kanzlei.

Of particular interest here is a photograph definitely associated with Hitler's addressing of the 11/12/41 session of the Reichstag -- this photo is listed at #NO30676 on the website of The Collector's Guild / Political & Civil Organizations / NSDAP / NSDAP Personality Related. As shown there, this photo is also a Hoffmann Press Photo and the typed caption confirms that it was taken during the Vührer's address at the Krolloper on 11/12/41. Take a look and see if this confirms your thinking.

Br. James

Comment

Yes thank you

i checked this photo but i cannot find any large good resolution of it..these are the men i am sure they are placed at the same seat.
          Attached Files
          sigpic

Comment

Yes, I agree -- the seating of those individuals appears to be the same.

Cheers,

Br. James

Comment

I can't find anything about a session on january 1942 either.

maybe this photo travalled in Holland (stamps) before getting dated ?
              sigpic

Comment

It's too bad that the original caption sheet was removed from the back of this photo. That would have told the original story.

Br. James

Comment

hat

To me the clearest sign of the images being from the same time is the SS visor hat placed next to the podium.

Comment

yup

thank you guys anyway
                    sigpic

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X