FlandersMilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nahkampfmesser in period photos, any out there??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nahkampfmesser in period photos, any out there??

Greetings,

Although frequently offered on the collectors market and many have them on a mannequin display, German close combat knives are seldom seen on period WW2 photographes.

Besides the well known iconic W-SS MG soldier in the Ardennes, I would be very interested to see if other images could surface. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Thank you
    Z.

Originally posted by Zauberflöte View Post
    Greetings,

Although frequently offered on the collectors market and many have them on a mannequin display, German close combat knives are seldom seen on period WW2 photographes.

Besides the well known iconic W-SS MG soldier in the Ardennes, I would be very interested to see if other images could surface. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Thank you
    Z.
    Well that is good topic, as I was scanning the internet lately for images where these IM 42's are worn...but unlucky to find them...as I have a relative ammount of these knives gathered through the years.
    Seems the majority of these knives (IMO) were simply went in to the breadbag.
    As I have an IM with field or tailor/private made web holder with an breadbag strap end hook to secure it next to the Canteen or mess kit.

Comment

Hi. Collectors are reluctant to show rare Photos.... Some of mine already surfaced on Forums without my Agrrement.... an,d even with copyright.... They are rare because late photos are rare.... and these knifes were mostly given at the end of the war....
      Here is one photo extracted from the extensive Group of Major K... that I am proud to own, here he is on the left.... It has been taken in Russia on the beginning of 1944. 131.I.D.
      Attached Files

Comment

Interesting too, is that the personal Infanterie-Messer from the Major was, with his Saebel and wityh his Dolch... still attached to the Group.... He was a passionated Hunter / Jäger after the War, and the Messer was accordingly modified
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by 708.V.G.D. View Post
          Here is one photo extracted from the extensive Group of Major K... that I am proud to own, here he is on the left.... It has been taken in Russia on the beginning of 1944. 131.I.D.

Interesting that he has constructed a leather carrier for it.

Comment

Originally posted by 708.V.G.D. View Post
            Hi. Collectors are reluctant to show rare Photos.... Some of mine already surfaced on Forums without my Agrrement.... an,d even with copyright.... They are rare because late photos are rare.... and these knifes were mostly given at the end of the war....
            Nice photo!
            During the Kowel kessel in April 1944??
            I'm collecting anything related to the towns Castricum and Bakkum during WWII.
            Also soldbucher from 116pzdiv. And 1944-1945 eastfront pockets, kampfgruppe and Oder front.
            My website: Gotrick.nl

Comment

Here is a favorite pic showing the knife mounted on his MP pouch. Best, Bill
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by hs132 View Post
                Here is a favorite pic showing the knife mounted on his MP pouch. Best, Bill
                That would be easy to miss! Nice

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X