12th SS HJ Award Documents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

12th SS HJ Award Documents

Sturmann Peter Ascher's documents from August 1944 to May 1945.Original EK2 Urkunde signed by Hubert Meyer commander of the 25th Panzer Grenadier Rgt. HJ.The other three Urkunde are signed by Siegfried Muller who won the RK in the Ardennes in December 1944 as commander of the 25th Pz. Gren. HJ. My only query is rank designation really as Muller was never officially promoted to Obersturmbannfuher.The feldpost stamp is correct all thoughts greatly appreciated.Thanks Kyle
    Attached Files

EK1 Document

Pic
    Attached Files

Comment

Pic 3

Tank badge in bronze January 1945
      Attached Files

Comment

Pic 4

Close Combat in Bronze 2nd May 1945
        Attached Files

Comment

Are these direct from the soldier/soldier's family? I'm curious as to why the EK I is signed and authorised at Regimental level when it should be at Divisional and above level.

Comment

Grouping

Hucks no these are auction pieces, the EK2 is fine I just have a niggle about the designation if Muller was signing for another perhaps if so there should be a i a/a
            indicator ? Thoughts

Comment

hmmm

Hmmm I am not sure about the EK2. I wasn't convinced by this EK1 either from a while back.
              Attached Files

Comment

For such a group I would say that a red flag for one is a red flag for the whole set, especially backed up with the additional doubts raised by Jeremy.

Comment

My error

For some reason I thought Hubert Meyer was in command of Panzer Grenadier 25 in August of 1944 he did not take command until after Panzer Meyer's capture on the 6th September 1944 !! Thanks gents I assumed that was Hubert Meyer's signature.Enough said thanks gents as that is not Panzer Meyer's signature.

Cheers and thanks

Kyle

Comment

Originally posted by Kyle Harrington View Post
                    For some reason I thought Hubert Meyer was in command of Panzer Grenadier 25 in August of 1944 he did not take command until after Panzer Meyer's capture on the 6th September 1944 !! Thanks gents I assumed that was Hubert Meyer's signature.Enough said thanks gents as that is not Panzer Meyer's signature.

Cheers and thanks

Kyle
                    That is supposed to be Hubert Meyer's signature on yours, hence the General Staff title under it. But the doubts still exist for the group as a whole.

Comment

Thanks Hucks

Unfortunately A similar format groupinG has cropped up on a dealers site in the USA !!!! He may have been duped I suppose ????

http://shop.patton-militaria.com/pro...9&categoryId=2

Comment

Certainly very coincidental. To be signing an EK I at Regimental level once is dubious (but to play devil's advocate let's just say that exceptions happened) but to still be doing it 3 months later is highly suspicious. I'd say the signature on the EK I citation in the link is very practiced and that group, as this one, is to be viewed with care.

Comment

Hi,

i think that we can easily say that the three lots are bogus...

Pictures from the Patton Militaria lot.

See You

Vince
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by FrenchVolunteer; 03-02-2017, 12:39 PM.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X