Tank id help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tank id help

This picture is in an interesting Wiking group I have, unfortunately tanks/vehicles are not a strong point, can someone tell me what it is ?

Thanks
    Jonathan
    Attached Files

Hi,

you have a quite interesting picture, because it is showing one of the +60 T-35 Soviet tanks built in the early 30's.
    Also your T-35 is a model with radio, probably for the commander of the company/unit.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T-35

The choice was made to use them up in combat instead and the surviving vehicles were collected together into the 67th and 68th Tank Regiments of the 34th Tank Division, which served with the 8th Mechanized Corps in the Kiev Special Military District.

During Operation Barbarossa, ninety percent of the T-35s lost by the 67th and 68th Tank Regiments were lost not to enemy action but through either mechanical failure or because they were abandoned and destroyed by their crews. The most common causes of breakdown were transmission-related. The last recorded action of the T-35 took place during the early stages of the Battle of Moscow. At least one captured T-35 was shipped to Germany for evaluation at the Kummersdorf military proving ground.

See You

Vince

Comment

Hi,

i was able to find 6 (?) different captured T-35 with radio, i suspect that the tank was used as commanding tanks (with radio) in the two Tank Regiments.

First one.

See You

Vince
      Attached Files

Comment

About 30 would be a more accurate production figure.

There where about 20 pre and early production models with 37mm guns then a second batch of about 10 with different turrets (conical) and 45mm guns and more welded construction.

However all the older versions where upgraded to 45mm guns hence the inflation of production figures.

This was one of I think two command tanks built in the early run.

This pic nicely shows show how long this AFV was and hence how hard it was to maneuver.

Comment

Hi,

second one, at least two different pictures of it.
          Notice the red star on the right flank.

See You

Vince
          Attached Files

Comment

Hi,

third one.

See You

Vince
            Attached Files

Comment

Hi,

fourth one.

See You

Vince
              Attached Files

Comment

Hi,

fifth one, with the red star on the left flank.
                It seemed that the second picture (with the red star on the right flank) may be the same tank, despite the two tracks are now broken in the front.

See You

Vince
                Attached Files

Comment

Cool thanks very much !

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X