Bergmutze ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bergmutze ?

Hi! man first from the right was wearing Bergmutze or what ?

Yep, this is a well known photo. The young Jäger is from the 6 SS Gebirgs Division 'Nord'
    Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Hello,

I just seen this thread... and have to say something...

Several veterans, some friends from the axis history forum (particularly who are interested in the Holocaust) and an official historian from the official KZ Dachau internet page saying, that The 6.-SS Geb. Div. "Nord" wasn't involved in the KZ Dachau.

And there are not informations, that the 6.-SS Div. Nord was at any time (first of all after '45) in the KZ Dachau.

But that's just what I heard.

Could this soldier with the M44 uniform and the Bergmütze maybe a member of the 7.SS Geb. Div. Prinz Eugen??

Bye, David

Comment

Was the photo taken at or near Dachau?
        Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

According to these sites, Yes:
          http://www.humanitas-international.o...au-liberation/
          http://www.scrapbookpages.com/Dachau...rsKilled2.html

Comment

And both sites get the young jäger's description wrong. The Prinz Eugen wasn't anywhere even close to Dachau at the time. It wasn't even in Germany. A member of Nord is the logical answer even though Nord as a division wasn't in the area. I think the lad's likely away from his unit for whatever reason and ended up there. As the other photos show, there was a mish mash of personnel rounded up.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X